Amendment to EPDBA Junior Competition ByLaws
24 March 2017
Important Notice - Domestic Competition Winter 2017
Please be advised of the WABL Rule for EPDBA commencing Winter 2017 as approved by EPDBA Executive.
WABL Rule – U16 and below
- Maximum 3 WABL players per team and
- Maximum 5 Restricted players per team
• WABL player – Player selected to play WABL for East Perth’s top two division teams in the current year
in their age group, or any WABL player from another association, playing in any division across any age
• Restricted player – Player selected to play WABL for East Perth in the current year, in any division
across any age group.
• WABL development player (train-on) – will not be considered a WABL player nor a restricted player
under this rule.
Due to Basketball WA expanding the WABL competition, for under 12’s, under 14’s and under 16’s to four
divisions, the rule has been modified to accommodate the expansion.
A WABL player is someone that has been selected to play in the Western Australian Basketball League
(WABL). Players will be deemed a WABL Player from January to December for the year. This includes
players selected on WABL teams that are yet to have played.
NOTE The above rule is exempt for U12 girls and top-age-group boys in the interests of building these
East Perth District Basketball Association reserves the right to make decisions to maintain a sustainable
competition or fill an age group.
For and on behalf of the Committee of Management of East Perth Basketball Association
East Perth District Basketball Association (inc)