AFL Kids First
Today’s parents have an important role in the delivery and support of sporting activities for their own and other children. With it comes a clear responsibility to act in a constructive and encouraging manner at all times.
Barracking and wanting your child to perform well is human nature, but it is critical that this should be done in a responsible manner avoiding the ugly parent syndrome at all times.
The basic principles of AFL Kids First are to remind parents that:
- Sport for children is a vital part of their growing up.
- Children like to win, but more importantly, they want to have fun.
- Parents need to set the right example at the sports ground, not just at home.
- Parents should be proud of their child’s efforts irrespective of the result.
- Sport is important to children’s self esteem.