Code of Conduct
The Waverley Park Hawks expects its players, parents/guardians and spectators to observe at all times acceptable codes of behaviour and sportsmanship in representing or supporting the Club at training, matches and Club functions.
All Players and Members should make themselves aware of and ensure that they adhere to these codes and policies.
Players Code of Conduct
At all times when representing the Club, players should:
- Play by the rules – the rules of our club and the laws of the game.
- Never argue with an umpire or other official – without these people you cannot play football
- Control your temper – verbal abuse of officials and sledging of other players does not help you enjoy or win any games
- Be a team player – It’s a team game, treat it that way
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated – fairly
- Co-operate with your coach, the umpires and teammates
- Play for your own enjoyment and to improve your skills
- Do not use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you will let down your coach, teammates and family if you do and many such comments are actually now illegal
Parents/Guardians and Spectators Code of Conduct
- Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game
- Encourage participation, but do not force it.
- Teach that enjoyment is more important that winning
- Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support not downgrade.
- Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, umpires and spectators – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
- Recognise all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time.
- Never publicly criticize umpires – raise personal concerns with club officials in private.
- Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your family and yourself if you do and many such comments are actually now illegal