The Waverley Park Hawks is one of the largest clubs in the Monash municipality and has a long history in the community that spans over forty years. Our club has both boys and girls teams catering for ages from 7 to 17, with approximately 400 players.
The Club is based at Columbia Reserve in Wheelers Hill and principally serve this suburb, as well as nearby suburbs such as Glen Waverley, Mount Waverley, Mulgrave, Rowville, Scoresby and Dandenong.
The Club is affiliated with the South Metro Junior Football League (SMJFL) which was established in 1988. It is now one of the premier leagues in Victoria and in 2015 consisted of 27 member clubs, over 400 teams and approximately 9,500 players participating each weekend in 52 divisions.
The Waverley Park Hawks are also part of the Hawthorn Football Club Affiliated Club program and as such wear the Hawks' colours of brown and gold and use the Hawks nickname.
The purpose of our club is to provide an enjoyable junior football experience for local children and to improve their physical and social wellbeing through skill development in a team environment. We foster player participation, new friendships, enjoyment, and the playing of football in the true spirit of sportsmanship.
We strive to develop our players to achieve their full potential by providing good coaching and playing facilities and at the same time creating an environment where players enjoy themselves both on and off the field.
The Waverley Park Hawks are an inclusive club and welcomes boys and girls of all ages and of all skills levels, from diverse backgrounds. Whether you are highly competitive or simply want to play a game of football with your mates, our family and community-minded club is right for you.
The club’s values are:
- Health, well-being & fun – our community based club fosters an environment that is family friendly, healthy and fun.
- Inclusivity and equality – anyone from within the greater Wheelers Hill community is welcome regardless of gender, cultural background, socio-economic status or ability.
- Respect and Tolerance – our club promotes respect, tolerance & fairness both on and off the field and in all aspects of it operation.
- Transparency – the club ensures disclosure, clarity, and accuracy in all communications with stakeholders.
- Quality – the club continually strives to improve all aspects of its operation and adopts “best practice”.
- Accountability– the club’s management takes full responsibility for all decisions made on behalf of its members and stakeholders.