STATEMENT OF PURPOSES
Provide an opportunity for the youth of our area to participate in
basketball and for senior players to compete in the Brisbane Basketball
Inc Greater Brisbane League (GBL).
To promote and advance the game of basketball
To teach players life skills through teamwork, respect, commitment,
self-esteem and sportsmanship.
Ensure players, coaches and families enjoy and get the most out of
their basketball experience with Lang Park.
The Purposes will be realised by:
• Providing skilled & motivated coaches and assistants so that Lang
Park teams are competitive, disciplined, well drilled and fun.
• Helping players to develop their sporting skills to their fullest potential
through participation, coaching and encouragement.
• Providing a safe, supportive and fun environment for players,
coaches and supporters.
• Working in conjunction with Lang Park PCYC, Basketball
Queensland and Brisbane Basketball Inc to promote basketball in
local primary schools.
• Promoting regular communication and consultation with players and
• Preparing children for future sporting and life success.
VISION & OBJECTIVES
Lang Park Basketball Club will be the basketball club of choice for
families in the local community recognised for its excellent sporting
culture, supportive & safe environment, quality basketball coaching,
administration and facilities.
• Make it good fun. Ensure Kids & Parents enjoy being part of the club.
• Maximise Player & Coach retention, indicating enjoyment.1
• Develop Players & Coaches as sportspersons and community
• Foster a culture that challenges members to strive to achieve their
• Create opportunities for older age groups to develop
coaching/administration capabilities with LP whether still playing at
LP or as supporters.
1 However recognizing that some players in older age groups will leave LP in order to participate in competitive
school basketball programs, ensure these players leave on positive terms and remain LP supporters.