How do I work out the age category of a player?
The age group that you play for is determined by your age as at 31 December. For example, if you are 14 years old on 31 December, you will play in the U15 competition i.e. you are "under 15" as at 31 December.
What is the minimum age for starting Miniroos?
The minimum age for Miniroos is a child who is 4 as at 31 December, but who will turn 5 during the relevant season / calendar year. Children from this age upwards will be covered by all insurances and are eligible to play in the U6 age group.
What are the team sizes and game lengths
The following team sizes, recommended squad sizes, and match durations apply:
- U6 - 4 players on the field, squad of 7 max; 15 minute halves, with 5 minute half time
- U7 - 4 players on the field, squad of 7 max; 15 minute halves, with 5 minute half time
- U8 - 7 players on the field, squad of 11 max; 20 minute halves, with 5 minute half time
- U9 - 7 players on the field, squad of 11 max; 20 minute halves, with 5 minute half time
- U10 - 9 players on the field, squad of 14 max; 25 minute halves, with 5 minute half time
- U11 - 9 players on the field, squad of 14 max; 25 minute halves, with 5 minute half time
- U13 - 11 players on the field, squad of 16 max; 30 minute halves, with 10 minute half time
- All Age - 11 players on the field, squad of 40 max; 45 minute halves, with 10 minute half time
Can I ask to be in the same team as my friends?
- We will do what we can to accommodate such requests, but do not guarantee that outcome
- It is also good for the development of your game (and social skills) to play with new players
- It is also important to ensure that one team is not dominated by strong players, so keeping the competition fair is a greater consideration for selectors than friendships
Are teams graded?
- As a general rule, U6 to U15 teams are not graded. The emphasis until U15 is on skills development and having fun, so grading is less important
- Youth and All Age teams are generally graded to make sure that the competitions are fair
Where and when are games played?
- All U6 to U16 games are played on Saturday morning. Usually games start at 8am for U6 and work up to U16
- Senior games are usually are played at 11am, 1pm or 3pm
- Some Youth Grade games played mid-week to cater for school teams
- All games are played in the Southern Highlands - anywhere from Yerrinbool / Hill top in the North, down to Bundanoon and Robertson
- Seniors also have games in Goulburn and Marulan
What are game times?
- Junior games are generally played in the morning, on a Saturday, with early starts common
- Youth and senior games are generally played in the afternoon, on a Saturday
When will the competition commence?
- The season generally runs from mid-March to end September
- Please refer to the Season Calendar on this web site for exact dates
How many games are played?
- Typically around 20 games are played in a season, made up of regular games, cup games or gala days
- Teams that make it through to the finals then play an additional 3 matches
What points are earned from each match?
- Win - 3 points
- Draw - 1 point
- Loss - 0 points
- Bye - 0 points
- Win by forfeit - 3 points (and 3 goal difference recorded)
- Suitable footwear is required to play. Boots with moulded studs or runners are allowed. Metal cleats or screw-ins will not be allowed. Players wearing these will be asked to leave the field
- Shin pads are compulsory. Players not wearing them will be asked to leave the field
What uniform equipment is provided?
- Match shirts will be issued to teams for use during the season and remain the property of Bowral FC. A roster system is generally used by each team to ensure that all shirts are washed each week
- Goals/nets will be provided for all games
- Balls will be provided for all junior games
Can I coach or manage my child's team?
- Yes, that is possible and it is in fact very common
- the club is grateful for any volunteers, so this will not be an impediment to you getting involved
What is Bowral FC trying to achieve as a club?
Bowral FC has the following key objectives for 2020:
- to have an active base of 400+ players
- to offer the best Miniroos training programme in the Southern Highlands
- to be the largest All Age mens and All Age womens club in the Southern Highlands
- to have an active and happy group of sponsors that includes 1 Major Club Sponsor, 5 Gold Sponsors, 10 Silver Sponsors, and 15 Bronze Sponsors
- to have a strong, positive and vibrant club culture that all players and parents are proud to be associated with
All committee members, volunteers and supporters will work together to achieve these goals!