Club History

Short History of East Coast Bays

East Coast Bays was founded following a public meeting held at the Progessive Hall (since demolished and replaced by the Bays Club) in October 1958. The committee formed from this meeting entered four junior teams for the start of the 1959 season. As some of the committee members were supporters of Glasgow Rangers, the colours of Royal Blue shirts, white shorts and and royal Blue sox were adopted. The white shorts were changes in later years to royal blue when that colour became available.

East Coast Bays had become a borough just four years earlier, so Mayor Greville and Bill Christie, Head of Parks, took the committee to look at possible sites for a ground. The Maxwell Farm occupied that part of Mairangi Bay now known as Maxwelton and both Mr Maxwell and the Council were very proactive resulting in a ground being formed running north to south. The old Progress Hall on the site was adapted to serve as clubrooms. The ground was very wet and mud around the goals could become 15 cm deep.more
[click here for archives]

Notice Board

East Coast Bays Summer Sevens

Click Here for all the details.

Register now to avoid missing out.

The Premiers and Development team have finished their season.

Business Directory

Notice Board


Lotto Sports are now operating a virtual store online.  Soccer Scene are no longer stocking ECB football gear.

Follow the link below to order uniform online direct from Score Sportswear

http://www.lottosports.co.nz/default.aspx?page=iSellProductList&category=100213

Club Code is ECBAFC3. 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Club Sponsors

Charitable Trusts

NZ Football News