Bay Olympic 1 ECB 1 played 3 April 2015 at Olympic Park

A stoppage time equaliser from Dylan Stansfield earned East Coast Bays a fully deserved point in their Good Friday game against Bay Olympic.


For the second week in a row, Bays ended the game without a full complement of players, as Avi Estrin had to hobble off late in the game after all three substitutions had been made.


Bays showed their attacking intentions early with Jack Anderson seeing his drive turned for a corner in the first minute and Stansfield intercepting a back pass only to see his shot cleared off the line.


However Olympic got back into the game and a Ken Yamamoto break was well defended by Dan Peat. Adam Barkley shot wide before Olympic opened the scoring in the 18th minute.  Dillon Barnett was robbed in midfield, allowing Olympic to break and Jared Colligan outran the defence, rounded Aidan Gwilt and slotted into an empty net.


Play continued back and forth until the last minutes of the half when Bays piled on the pressure. Stansfield had a header tipped over the bar, Estrin saw his corner headed off the line,  Peat had a drive blocked on the line and another Stansfield shot was saved by the keeper and Olympic went to the break in front.


Gwilt made a good save at the start of the second half, then Bays began to press. Jack Anderson broke through the defence only to have the ball taken off his foot by keeper Michael Woud, two minutes later he sent in a corner only to see a miskick right in front of goal.


Lee Robinson was just wide with a free kick and a Kieran McMinn drive was deflected over the bar. Stansfield had his header saved after the keeper had punched clear from a Peat corner.


Minutes ticked away and the game entered the last five minutes. Sheldon Pillay had a good chance but took to long and was closed down. Bays won a free kick on the edge of the box but it was put over. Into stoppage time which was considerable due to time wasting.


Another Bays attack and Jack Beguely headed over. The Olympic supporters were howling for the final whistle as the goal kick was taken. Bays won the ball, launched a final attack, the ball was loose in the area, Stansfield latched on to it and scrambled the ball over the line through a forest of legs.


There was time for the kick off before the final whistle went.


There were many chances created and had Bays taken even a small portion of these they should have won comfortably. More composure in front of goal is needed.


A fine debut by Kieran McMinn in a forward line that was aged 16, 17 and 20. Great games from James Anderson in defence and Dan Peat in midfield backed up by a solid team effort.


Team:  Gwilt, White (Benei 85), James Anderson, Robinson, Estin, Barnett, Peat, Beguely, Jack Anderson (Pillay 71), McMinn (Daw 85), Stansfield


Scorer:  Stansfield 94


Comment Guidelines: The SportsTG Network is made up of players, families and passionate sports followers like you who have a strong opinion about sport. That's great - we want you to have your say and share your thoughts with the world. However, we have a few rules that you must follow to keep it fun for all. Please don't be rude, abusive, swear or vilify others. Apart from some pretty serious sport sanctions, we also can ban you and report you if things get out of hand. So play fair and have fun, and thanks for your contribution.

Notice Board

East Coast Bays Summer Sevens

Click Here for all the details.

Register now to avoid missing out.

The Premiers and Development team have finished their season.

Business Directory

Notice Board

Lotto Sports are now operating a virtual store online.  Soccer Scene are no longer stocking ECB football gear.

Follow the link below to order uniform online direct from Score Sportswear

Club Code is ECBAFC3. 







Club Sponsors

Charitable Trusts

NZ Football News