ECB 2 Forrest Hill Milford 0 played 21/05/2011 at Bays City Park

A sense of déjà vue with a 2-0 scoreline and the losing side down to nine by the end of the game.

After only one point from the last two games, it was good to record another win.

Forrest Hill may have been at the bottom of the tale but they were determined to be no pushover and were happy to take the game to a Bays side weakened by injury and suspension.

The first half was a back and forth affair, with both sides creating chances. Dillon Barnett broke through in the eleventh minute only to be denied by Roy Bell, the Forrest Hill keeper and the Bays defence had a fright some fifteen minutes later when the visitors struck the upright from a foray.

Bays then countered with good approach work involving Lance Eeson,, Leigh Kenyon and Barnett only for the keeper to foil the final sortie.

At the other end, Aidan Gwilt  pulled off a good save from a Mikael Munday free kick.

Just past the half hour, Barnett broke down the right and crossed, only for there being no one there to finish off.

Forrest Hill then struck back and a Ryan Baldacchino header was goalbound until  a diving Gwilt got a hand to it to touch it round the post for a corner.

After a series of misses from both sides, a goal came in the 39th minute when Joe Bresnahan got the ball on the edge of the box and placed his shot wide of a diving Bell into the corner of the net.

Bresnahan had the ball in the net just on the stroke of halftime but this was ruled out for offside.

Lance Eeson should have doubled the score straight from the kickoff but didn’t. Forrest Hill quickly replied with a great run by Chris Groen who broke through the defence only to see his shot comfortably saved by Gwilt.

Both sides then went at each other hammer and tongs. Glen Forrest saw his header saved by Bell, who then saved a Kenyon free kick. At the other end Forrest Hill had a chance cleared off the line.

Play continued back and forth with both sides creating chances but good defence and poor finishing keeping the scoreboard quiet.

Then in the space of two minutes any hope he visitors had of getting back into the match evaporated. With only nine minutes remaining, Aaron Root picked up a second yellow card and was dismissed. A minute later Mirko Mamic was shown a straight red card for a two footed tackle on Kenyon and Forrest Hill were down to nine.

From the resultant free kick, Tim Pilkington hit the upright, then Bell saved a Kenyon drive.

Forrest Hill were hanging on during the last few minutes but couldn’t hold out as in the last minute of normal time Pilkington broke through and slotted past a despairing Bell to make the game safe for Bays.


Team:  Gwilt, Forrest,  Beguely,  Solomons,  Young (Trent 65), Kenyon, Bresnahan, Campbell, (Sheehan 12),  Webster,  Eeson (Pilkington 77), Barnett


Scorers:  Bresnahan 39,  Pilkington 89


Comment Guidelines: The SportsTG Network is made up of players, families and passionate sports followers like you who have a strong opinion about sport. That's great - we want you to have your say and share your thoughts with the world. However, we have a few rules that you must follow to keep it fun for all. Please don't be rude, abusive, swear or vilify others. Apart from some pretty serious sport sanctions, we also can ban you and report you if things get out of hand. So play fair and have fun, and thanks for your contribution.

Notice Board

East Coast Bays Summer Sevens

Click Here for all the details.

Register now to avoid missing out.

The Premiers and Development team have finished their season.

Business Directory

Notice Board

Lotto Sports are now operating a virtual store online.  Soccer Scene are no longer stocking ECB football gear.

Follow the link below to order uniform online direct from Score Sportswear

Club Code is ECBAFC3. 







Club Sponsors

Charitable Trusts

NZ Football News