- To ensure all off field football matters are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner for the team managers grade of competition.
- Provide administrative support to the coach and any football staff.
- Arrange the required support staff for games to take place.
- Support the coaching staff to make sure the required administrative and support arrangements are in place so that coaches and players can concentrate on the game.
- Ensure the coach and players are provided with sufficient equipment (within guidelines set down by the Executive) to ensure the efficient operation of the team
- Ensure all players are either currently registered with the League or has an approved clearance from previous Club
- Provide the Secretary with a list, in jumper number order, of all players and keep all players lists updated as every change is made
- Check jumpers are in good order at all times and have appropriate sponsors logos attached if required
- Ensure other support staff has been appointed and are in attendance as required
- Ensure the integrity of best and fairest voting in accordance with Club policy
Game day responsibilities
The following list of duties is intended to be used as a guide to assist Team Managers in completion of their duties each Saturday. Duties may be varied to reflect an individuals time commitment or the role as negotiated with the team Coach.
- Complete, sign and give to umpire in accordance with league rules.
- Ensure all players named on team sheet including runner and trainers and water boys are registered.
- Full names are required, first and surname.
- Ensure players property is collected prior to each game and safely secured during matches.
Boundary & goal umpires
- Boundary and goal umpires are to be arranged as required
- All club umpires are to be correctly attired according to league regulations.
- Ensure player’s drinks are on hand at all times (liaise with trainers on the provision of drinks).
- Liaise with trainers to ensure sufficient equipment including towels are on hand.
- Prior to home matches, ball is to be given to the umpire for inspection.
- Ensure ball is returned after the completion of the match.
- Check your league procedures for this.
Transport of gear
- Team managers are responsible for the organisation of transport of gear to away matches.
- Determine, with appropriate football staff, best player awards for the team side
- Prepare awards for distribution
- Check with umpires within 10 minutes of finish of game that there were no reports (“all Clear”).
- If reports collect report and return to Secretary and advise any player involved that he will be required to attend the tribunal.
- Reports to the Secretary
- Supports the coaches and match committee and other football staff as appropriate
- The Team manager is accountable to Secretary and the Coach of that team which he manages
2012 Footyweb Pre Game & Post Game Instructions
Before the Game - Team sheets are to be printed(x3) before the match. They are to be produced via the Footy Web Pre Game Instructions.
At the Game - The Team sheet are to be complete, signed and give to the umpire
- Ensure all players named on team sheet, Players Full names are required, first and surname.
- Signature of each player is required.
- Cross off any players that have not played the game
- Write on the Team sheet players that are playing but are not listed
After the Game, follow the FootyWeb Post-Game Instructions attached to;
- Reconcile the Team sheet with the Selected Players listed on Footyweb, ie..remove players and add players to the Selected Players list, if required. This will place players into the Footyweb database and collates their game counts, it is important to make sure the Selected Player List contains only kids who actually played.
- Enter Post-Games Results - For U8 - U11 enter the result type of DRAW.