Coorparoo Junior AFC is guided by a set of 6 principles that form the foundation of our Club culture and helps to
define who we are:
- We foster an environment of fun and enjoyment for players, coaches, officials, parents and supporters by always encouraging and applauding the efforts of all players, coaches and officials and never ridiculing mistakes or losses.
- We encourage an atmosphere of learning and skill development for players and coaches.
- All players are given every chance to participate, and experience different positions over the course of the season. The Coorparoo JAFC strongly believes winning isn’t everything in junior football, but recognizes competition is healthy for player development and team morale.
- We promote a positive, friendly and vibrant image and strongly support the concept of teamwork both on and off the field. We encourage and welcome parent and supporter involvement at both team and club level.
- We recognize the need to maintain a safe environment for the players.
- Liaise, communicate and cooperate fully with other key community stakeholders to ensure the continued development and growth of the Club and its aims.
In reality, the Club is all of us. CJAFC is a not for profit organization of members and their families who volunteer their time so that our kids can realise all the advantages of playing a great team sport. It is so important to understand that we are all volunteers and that the running of the Club depends on us all volunteering. It is essential that you donate a bit of time on game days to assist in the canteen or help out with team duties. Put your hand up to help out on Photo/Family Day, the 80th Anniversary weekend, or a special match day bbq when the call goes out.
Volunteer involvement is essential to run the footy season and to make sure our kids get the best footy experience and to grow your Club.