We are asking anyone who may be interested in participating in the mentor program in 2016 to contact Brett Wilson on email@example.com.
Brett would like to connect with players, parents, and coaches who are interested, or who would like further information.
After the successful introduction of the mentor program in 2010 we are looking forward to another successful year. For those that don't know about the program it gives the older boys the opportunity to pass on their football skills and knowledge, to demonstrate leadership within the club, to find out what it is like to coach a team, and to act as a role model for our Joey players. While it provides our joey teams with an extra set of hands to assist to coach, the opportunity for younger players to mix with the older boys, and a role model from within the club.
We would like to congratulate the following boys who have volunteered to act as Mentors for 2014, and hope both they, and those associated with their mentor teams found the program a rewarding experience.
Finlay Shanks - Under 10 White
Alex Tinning-Clowes - Under 11 Navy
Ayden Melhop - Under 10 Navy
Shayle Korander - Under 10 Blue
Alex McGarry - Under 10 Gold
Matthew Witten - Under 8 Navy
Jakob Rawling - Under 9 Emerald
Sam Holna - Under 8 Silver
We would like to congratulate the following boys who have volunteered to act as Mentors for 2012, and hope both they, and those associated with their mentor teams find the program a rewarding experience.
Reilly Townsend - Under 8 Emerald
Tom Hainsworth - Under 8 Maroon
Corey Heaton - Under 8 Blue
Blake Brook - Under 12 Blue
Tyson Lemar - Under 8 Green
Darcy Marsh - Under 8 Gold
Jonty Reid - Under 8 Navy
Shayle Korander - Under 9 Blue
Charlie Johnson - Under 8 White
Bradyn Welsh - Under 8 Silver
Josh King - Under 12 Blue
We would like to congratulate the following boys who have volunteered to act as Mentors for 2011, and hope both they, and those associated with their mentor teams find the program a rewarding experience.
Nic Mulrine - U12 Blue
Bryce Heaton - U9 Blue
Blake Taylor - U11 Blue
Blake Brooke - U10 Gold
Josh King - U10 Navy
Josh Geurts - U 8 Green
Robbie Ridgeway - U9 Navy
Josh Hickie - U9 White
Reilly Townsend - U8 Blue
Darcy Brook - U8 Navy
Tom Hainsworth - U8 Navy
Thank you Cameron Dick MP
2010 Mentors receiving awards from Mr Cameron Dick, MP Member for Greenslopes. We would like to thank Cameron, (who also happens to be a CJAFC dad), for his support of the Mentor program in 2010. Photos can be found in larger format in the photo gallery under "Mentors 2010".
Our 2010 Mentors:
Tom Gosper - U11 Blue Mentor
- first played for Coorparoo as a 7 year old for U8 Yellow
- this is Tom's 9th year at the club
- Milestone 150 game coming up this year
- 2009/2010 selected in the Bushrangers Sqad
- 2010 U 15 Met East Rep player
- Grand Final player for Coorparoo 2008 (U12) & 2009 (U14)
- Captain & Best and Fairest winner 2009 Villanova U 15 Team
- Fav. AFL team : The Mighty Brisbane Lions
- plays in defence / centre
Off the Field:
- Nick Name: CROW
- Tom has a huge size 15 foot!
- Learns the piano, and Plays double bass for School Orchestras and Bass Guitar for a Jazz Band
- swims for Villanova, plays cricket
Nicholas Mulrine - U11 Navy Mentor
- Nic has been playing footy for 3 years and is currently the Vice- Captain of the Roo's U14 Navy team.
Off The Field:
- Nic is hte Middle School Captain of Whites Hill State College.
- Plays both club and school cricket in the summer.
Ben MacLean - U10 Blue Mentor
Tom Rolls - U10 Blue Mentor
Josh Geurts - U 8 Gold Mentor
- first come to CJAFC in 2003 aged 4 years as part of the Auskick Program
- played first season U8 2005
- 2009 U12 Div. 4 Premiership player
- 2010 playing for U12 Navy
- 100 game player for Coorparoo
- 2010 Club umpire
- Fav. AFL Team: Lions (of course)
Off the Field:
- Other interests: cricket, electric guitar, water skiing/wakeboarding
Myles Pini - U8 White Mentor
- Myles has been playing AFL since he was 6 years old, and has played for Rockhampton Panthers, Newcastle Blues, Wallan Magpies and Alexandra Hills Bombers before coming to the Roo's in 2009.
- 2010 selected for the U14 Bushrangers Rep. Squad
- 2009 Grand final Player for Coorparoo U14
- 2008 premiership player with Alex Hills
- Myles has completed 2 years of the AFL Summer Skills Program at UQ, and trains with the BJAFL UMpires
Off the Field:
- when not palying footy Myles likes to hang out with his friends
Josh Hickie - U 8 Blue Mentor
- Josh has been playing footy at Coorparoo since he was 5 yrs old, playing in the U8's
- This year he is play U14's and getting a run in both the Navy and Blue teams
- 2009 selected to play in the State U12 carnival for the Presidents Teams (made up from players from the Brisbane district and North Queensland).
- Fav. AFL Team: Brisbane Lions
Off the Field:
- Josh is also involved in swimming, tirathlons, cross country running and athletics
Darcy Brook - U8 Navy Mentor
Blake Brook - U9 Navy Mentor
- first played for the Roo's 6 years ago as an U 8 Green player, after doing Auskick with the famous Crossie, something I have continued to do each year.
- Proudly Captaining the U14 Blues this year, recently notched up 100 club Games.
- attends Brisbane State High
- Follow the Brisbane Lions - " how many other teams can boast 3 Flags in a row!"
- Loves playing Club and School Cricket, and watching the Aussies and the Bulls in action
- Started doing Karate at age 5 and earnt his Junior Black Belt at age 10
- Sporting idols - Michael Voss, Simon Black, Ricky Ponting & Brett Lee
- Fav. sporting memories - playing Auskick on the MCG and the GABBA and meeting Kevin Murray and trying on his Brownlow Medal. Also enjoyed watching the Lions thump the Pies at the MCG a few years ago!!
- I am the eldest of 3 boys, my brithers Fletcher 9 and Darcy 10, also love footy and cricket.
David Coates - U9 Red mentor
- David started playing footy at Coorparoo with Auskick when he was 4years old
- played his first season in U8 in 2005
- 2010 playing for the U12 Navy in Div.1
- 2009 Premiership player for Coorparoo (U12 Div 4)
- Fav. AFL Team: Fremantle Dockers
Off the Field:
- David also enjoys playing Soccer, Cricket and jumping on the trampoline.
Joshua King - U9 Blue Mentor
- Josh started playing footy 7 years ago when he was 6yrs old.
- He has played for 3 differents clubs including Ainslie (in Canberra), Carindale Cougars, and now hte Roo's.
- He has always supported the Lions.
Off the field:
- Josh likes all sports except for tennis and basketball!
Blake Taylor - U10 Navy Mentor
- Blake is new to CJAFC this year after coming across from 4 years of playing soccer - (don't we love getting converts from other codes!)
- Blake has participated in Auskick for 3 years in Victoria and Played School football, including playing in the Future Stars Cup last year
- Currently playing in the Roo's U14 Blue team.
- Fav. AFL team - Blake has supported the Fremantle Dockers since he was 3 and his fav. player is Matthew Pavlich.
Off the Field:
- Blakes nickname is "Billy"
- loves all sorts of sport, his cat Winky and loves to talk!!
Mentors In Action