CLUB INFORMATION and SIGN ON DAY
Sat 2nd Feb 2019 10am until 2pm
93 Mott Street Gaythorne
The following policy has been developed to provide consistency and direction in the application of voting and awards at the Everton Wolves Junior Australian Football Club.
JUNIOR TEAM AWARDS (Under 11 and below)
1. No Best and Fairest Awards will be given to players in Junior Teams.
2. All Junior players will receive a participation award in the form of a trophy or medallion at the end of the season.
YOUTH TEAM AWARDS (Under 12 through to Under 17)
3. All Youth players will receive a participation award in the form of a trophy or medallion at the end of the season.
4. Team awards will also be awarded in accordance with items 5 to 16.
5. All Best and Fairest Awards are applicable for teams from Under 12 through to Under 17.
6. Best and Fairest votes are awarded for every game of the home and away season including all grading games that the team is involved in.
7. The Team Manager, under the direction of the Team Coach, is responsible for ensuring the Best and Fairest votes are awarded, collated and secured.
8. Best and Fairest votes are awarded on a descending scale with the best player being awarded three (3) votes scaling down to the 3rd best player being awarded one (1) vote
9. It is important that all people awarding votes are aware prior to the commencement of the game that they are to cast votes for that match. The manger should select 4 of the following officials to cast votes and make them aware that it is a best a fairest vote (Not most improved or Special Effort Award).
a. Coach (Always votes)
b. Assistant Coach
e. Boundary Umpire
f. Water Carrier
10. The voting slips must include the team and round number or date and must be collected by the team manager after each game and placed in a sealed container. The container must be kept secure and not opened until the vote count is conducted.
11. The vote count will be conducted in the presence of the Coach and Team Manager at the end of the season. Each player is only eligible to win one team award per team only.
12. Once the vote count has been conducted, the Coach and Manager will award the following.
For All Youth Teams
a. Best and Fairest
b. Best and Fairest Runner Up
For Youth Teams that play a max of16 players on the field at a time
c. Best Defensive Player
d. Best Attacking Player
13. The Coach and Manager will also award the following awards at their discretion
a. Rookie of the year or Rising Star
b. Player's Player or Best Clubman – The manager should ask players to vote for this award
c. Most Improved or Coaches Award
14. A player will be ineligible to be awarded a Youth Team Award if any of the following situations apply:
a. A player is suspended by the AFLBJ Tribunal for any reason during the season
b. A player is subject to any internal disciplinary action by the Committee of the Everton Wolves JAFC for any reason during the season
15. If there is any confusion/questions in regards to the voting system to be used for the Best and Fairest votes, the questions/concerns must be directed to the Everton Wolves Committee for clarification.
16. Should a dispute or error occur during the voting process or vote count then the Team Coach must immediately inform the Everton Wolves Committee of the anomaly and seek a determination.
MALE CLUB CHAMPION
17. The Everton JAFC Male Club Champion will be an Everton Youth Boys Member with the highest number of umpire votes as advised by AFLBJ competition coordinator at the end of the season and after the AFLBJ Awards night.
FEMALE CLUB CHAMPION
18. The Everton JAFC Female Club Champion will be an Everton Youth Girls Member with the highest number of umpire votes as advised by AFLBJ competition coordinator at the end of the season and after the AFLBJ Awards night.
DANNY JONES SHIELD FOR ENDURANCE
19. The Danny Jones Shield for Endurance will be awarded to an Everton JAFC male or female player who has recorded the greatest number of total career games played for Everton JAFC and who is ageing out (a player who will not be eligible to play in the following year due to age). Career game count will be as per the players FootyWeb player statistics and will include:
a. all junior and youth games played for Everton
b. all junior and youth games played on permit for another club while a member at Everton
c. all representative games recorded while a member at Everton
Games that will not be counted include:
a. all social games recorded in the players FootyWeb statistics eg. AFL9s
b. all games played as a Roys Footy Player that are not recorded in the players FootyWeb statistics
c. all games played for a school
d. all representative games played that are not recorded in the FootyWeb player stats eg Met North
e. all games played for another club while not a member at Everton JAFC eg. games played at another club before transferring to Everton JAFC
JONES / WATT CLUB PERSON OF THE YEAR
20. The Everton JAFC Committee will call for nominations and will determine the winner at their discretion
VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
21. The Everton JAFC Committee will call for nominations and will determine the winner at their discretion
COACH OF THE YEAR
22. The Everton JAFC Committee will call for nominations and will determine the winner at their discretion
MANAGER OF THE YEAR
23. The Everton JAFC Committee will call for nominations and will determine the winner at their discretion
All awards will be presented at a Trophy Presentation at the end of the season.