CLUB INFORMATION and SIGN ON DAY
Sat 3rd Feb 2018 10am until 2pm
93 Mott Street Gaythorne
The following policy has been developed to provide consistency and direction in the application of voting and awards at the Everton Wolves Junior Australian Football Club.
JUNIOR TEAM AWARDS (Under 11 and below)
1. No Best and Fairest Awards will be given to players in Junior Teams.
2. All Junior players will receive a participation award in the form of a trophy or medallion at the end of the season.
YOUTH TEAM AWARDS (Under 12 through to Under 17)
3. All Youth players will receive a participation award in the form of a trophy or medallion at the end of the season.
4. Team awards will also be awarded in accordance with items 5 to 16.
5. All Best and Fairest Awards are applicable for teams from Under 12 through to Under 17.
6. Best and Fairest votes are awarded for every game of the home and away season including all grading games that the team is involved in.
7. The Team Manager, under the direction of the Team Coach, is responsible for ensuring the Best and Fairest votes are awarded, collated and secured.
8. Best and Fairest votes are awarded on a descending scale with the best player being awarded three (3) votes scaling down to the 3rd best player being awarded one (1) vote
9. It is important that all people awarding votes are aware prior to the commencement of the game that they are to cast votes for that match. The manger should select 4 of the following officials to cast votes and make them aware that it is a best a fairest vote (Not most improved or Special Effort Award).
a. Coach (Always votes)
b. Assistant Coach
e. Boundary Umpire
f. Water Carrier
10. The voting slips must include the team and round number or date and must be collected by the team manager after each game and placed in a sealed container. The container must be kept secure and not opened until the vote count is conducted.
11. The vote count will be conducted in the presence of the Coach and Team Manager at the end of the season. Each player is only eligible to win one team award per team only.
12. Once the vote count has been conducted, the Coach and Manager will award the following.
For All Youth Teams
a. Best and Fairest
b. Best and Fairest Runner Up
For Youth Teams that play a max of 18 players on the field at a time
c. Best Defender
d. Best Attacking Player
13. The Coach and Manager will also award the following awards at their discretion
a. Rookie of the year or Rising Star
b. Player's Player or Best Clubman – The manager should ask players to vote for this award
c. Most Improved or Coaches Award
14. A player will be ineligible to be awarded a Youth Team Award if any of the following situations apply:
a. A player is suspended by the AFLBJ Tribunal for any reason during the season
b. A player is subject to any internal disciplinary action by the Committee of the Everton Wolves JAFC for any reason during the season
15. If there is any confusion/questions in regards to the voting system to be used for the Best and Fairest votes, the questions/concerns must be directed to the Everton Wolves Committee for clarification.
16. Should a dispute or error occur during the voting process or vote count then the Team Coach must immediately inform the Everton Wolves Committee of the anomaly and seek a determination.
BOYS CLUB CHAMPION
17. The Everton JAFC Boys Club Champion will be an Everton Youth Boys Member with the highest number of umpire votes as advised by AFLBJ competition coordinator at the end of the season and after the AFLBJ Awards night.
GIRLS CLUB CHAMPION
18. The Everton JAFC Girls Club Champion will be an Everton Youth Girls Member with the highest number of umpire votes as advised by AFLBJ competition coordinator at the end of the season and after the AFLBJ Awards night.
JONES / WATT CLUB PERSON OF THE YEAR
19. The Everton JAFC Committee will call for nominations and will determine the winner at their discretion
VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
20. The Everton JAFC Committee will call for nominations and will determine the winner at their discretion
COACH OF THE YEAR
21. The Everton JAFC Committee will call for nominations and will determine the winner at their discretion
MANAGER OF THE YEAR
22. The Everton JAFC Committee will call for nominations and will determine the winner at their discretion
All awards will be presented at a Trophy Presentation at the end of the season.