• To ensure all off field football matters are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner for the team
managers grade of competition.
• Provide administrative support to the coach and any football staff.
• Arrange the required support staff for games to take place.
• Support the coaching staff to make sure the required administrative and support arrangements are
in place so that coaches and players can concentrate on the game.
• Ensure the coach and players are provided with sufficient equipment (within guidelines set down by
the Executive) to ensure the efficient operation of the team
• Ensure all players are either currently registered with the League or has an approved clearance from
• Provide the Secretary with a list, in jumper number order, of all players and keep all players lists
updated as every change is made
• Check jumpers are in good order at all times and have appropriate sponsors logos attached if
• Ensure other support staff has been appointed and are in attendance as required
• Ensure the integrity of best and fairest voting in accordance with Club policy
Game day responsibilities
The following list of duties is intended to be used as a guide to assist Team Managers in completion of
their duties each Saturday. Duties may be varied to reflect an individuals time commitment or the role
as negotiated with the team Coach.
• Complete, sign and give to umpire in accordance with league rules.
• Ensure all players named on team sheet including runner and trainers and water boys are
• Full names are required, first and surname.
• Ensure tally is kept during match.
• Goal kickers are to be recorded on the days running sheet.
• Goal kickers to be given to the opposition team manager or secretary at away matches and
goal kickers obtained from the opposition at home matches.
Club best & fairest
• Vote cards are to be distributed prior to the match and collected after the match.
• Best players are to be given to the opposition at away games and details of their best players
got from them at home matches (Check league rules)
• Ensure players property is collected prior to each game and safely secured during matches.
Boundary & goal umpires
• Boundary and goal umpires are to be arranged as required
• All club umpires are to be correctly attired according to league regulations.
• Ensure player’s drinks are on hand at all times (liaise with trainers on the provision of drinks).
• Liaise with trainers to ensure sufficient equipment including towels are on hand.
• Prior to home matches, ball is to be given to the umpire for inspection.
• Ensure ball is returned after the completion of the match.
• Check your league procedures for this.
• Statistician to be provided for the senior team (if required by the coach).
• Team manager responsible for the organisation of scoreboard attendant at all home matches.
Transport of gear
• Team managers are responsible for the organisation of transport of gear to away matches.
• Determine, with appropriate football staff, best player awards for the team side
• Prepare awards for distribution
• Check with umpires within 10 minutes of finish of game that there were no reports (“all Clear”).
• If reports collect report and return to Secretary and advise any player involved that he will be
required to attend the tribunal.
• Reports to the Secretary
• Supports the coaches and match committee and other football staff as appropriate
• The Team manager is accountable to Secretary and the Coach of that team which he manages