INTRODUCING THE DEMONS HALL OF FAME
The central plank to our Golden Jubilee Celebrations will be the induction of the inaugural members of the Demons Hall of Fame on July 30. It must be remembered that the Hall of Fame is a going concern, and that members inducted on the night are the initial members, not the final members.
On July 30, 2011 ,25 players and 5 administrators will be in the first intake.
One Legend will also be anointed.
Please take a moment to read the preamble and the criteria. Once you understand the criteria your input is invited via the email link at the bottom.
This will be a great night in the history of our club, and I encourage all members past and present to attend the night, and provide us with your input.
Chairman, Hall of Fame Committee
* The Hall of Fame Committee is Frank Deegan, Gerry Cahir,Brain Dickson, Tony Cooper, David Hall, Nev Sketcher and Geoff Brunsma
The Hall of Fame seeks to honour the achievements and contributions of its members. Members will be people of strong character, who during their time with Springvale District had the ability to be admired by their peers.
Members must be considered a strong Springvale Districts person, who always endeavoured to contribute to the betterment of the club.
In addition to the specified criteria, the Hall of Fame selection committee will also consider:
· Overall service to the club
· Length of service to the club
· The manner in which a person conducted themselves during their time at the club
· The esteem in which they were held during their time with the club
The Hall of Fame selection committee is duly appointed by the executive of the club and shall have the final say. A person may be nominated in writing at any time. The nomination shall be considered by the club’s general committee. Should the general committee consider the nomination worthy, it will be referred to the Hall of Fame Sub Committee to further consider the nomination.
CRITERIA- DEMONS HALL OF FAME
· Must have played 3 years with the club- not necessarily consecutive
· Must have played a minimum of 50 senior/reserves games
· Must have made a significant contribution to the club
· Must be of good character
· Must not be actively playing for another club
- Must be considered by the selection committee to be have been retired from full time playing at SDFC for one year
Non Playing Hall of Fame members can be inducted. A nominee must have made a significant contribution to the running of the club as an official, or as a combination of player / official over a significant time.
· Must be a life member
· Must have been an active club participant ( not necessarily consecutive) for a minimum of 10 years as a player, coach, committee etc
· Must have been a strong club person during this time as measured by attendance at and support of club functions- fundraisers etc
· Must be considered by the selection committee to have been retired from full time playing for three years.
Hall of fame sub committee
A position of Chairman to be established by the club general committee to process nominations for the hall of fame.
Upon receipt of nomination, Chairman to form a sub committee consisting of executive member of the Club general committee, and not less than two life members.
We value the contribution of our members. To have your say, email email@example.com.