Club History

The Caulfield Football Club was formed in 1993 after the merging of two clubs St. Kevins Ormond F.C. and St. Andrews Gardenvale F.C. Both clubs had competed in the Eastern Suburban Churches Football Association and their coming together coincided with the emergence of the new Southern Football League, which was also founded in the same year.

St. Kevins Ormond F.C. , the dominant club, was originally formed in 1946, and competed in the C.Y.M.S. competition winning premierships in 1948, 1952, and 1963 , and then transferring to the Y.C.W. competition in 1967 and having premiership teams in 1968 and 1974.

The club , church based , was one of the very few strong clubs south of the Yarra River in the seventies and eventually due to constant travelling into the northern suburbs , the Club decided to move to the E.S.C.F.A. for the commencement of the 1976 football season. The players were a lot happier as there was less travel and the competition was larger and more fierce.

The club started in C grade and whilst unsuccessful in winning premierships, they were runners - up in 1983 (C Grade lost to Mazenod), 1986 (B Grade lost to Box Hill Pioneers), and 1989 (A Grade lost to Donvale). With the demise of the original Caulfield F.C. in the mid eighties, many of the players and officials became associated with St. Kevins which became very strong in the late eighties.

In the early nineties, with the imminent formation of the new league and the waning of St Kevins as a football power, the Club decided to look to St. Andrews for a merger so as to gain access to the main oval at Princes Park and to strengthen its player base.

St Andrews had been formed in 1943 and had played in the E.S.C.F.A. the whole time. Whilst there had been moderate success, the Club had never won a premiership and by 1992 it was struggling to survive as a club. They had played all their footy at Princes Park mainly where the soccer currently resides.

The Club moved to the main oval in the late eighties and it was this tenancy which assisted with the merger at the end of 1992. St Kevins however had originally played at McKinnon Oval, moving to the E.E. Gunn Reserve in the mid fifties. In 1965 the Club moved to Bailey Reserve and finally to Koornang Park in 1980.

In 1996 the merged Club successfully moved to Princes Park where it now resides the new Club found immediate success by winning a reserves premiership in 1993 and winning both seniors and reserves premierships in 1994. in the first division.

Since that time, ultimate success has alluded the club and it now competes in the second division in the Southern Football League. It's association with the junior club which caused the move to Koornang Park in 1980 has been successful and many current senior players have come from their ranks. With a full complement of junior teams, the Club looks forward to gaining full strength and establishing itself as a permanent football club in the Glen Eira municipality in the twenty first century.

Ladder

2015 SFNL DIVISION 2 SENIOR
POS TEAM PTS
1 Oakleigh District 60
2 Keysborough 60
3 Murrumbeena 52
4 Skye 44
5 Caulfield 40
6 Hampton 40
7 Highett 28
8 Springvale Districts 16
9 Heatherton 12
10 Doveton Eagles 8

Ladder

2015 SFNL DIVISION 2 RESERVE
POS TEAM PTS
1 Skye 72
2 Highett 52
3 Oakleigh District 52
4 Keysborough 44
5 Murrumbeena 40
6 Springvale Districts 36
7 Hampton 24
8 Heatherton 24
9 Caulfield 16
10 Doveton Eagles 0

Fox Sports - Breaking News