Welcome to the Glen Iris Junior Football Club - The Gladiators
The Club endeavours to provide a learning and development grounding for all players where they become part of a team and can develop their football and leadership skills at their individual pace.
At the Glen Iris Junior Football Club, in the age groups from U8 to U12 we endeavour to create a good mix of players while maintaining an even standard across the teams. Additionally we try to offer a good mix of schools per team. We do make every effort to place the children with their friends that they nominate on their Registration form. Please also note it is Club policy to have the children playing in their own age group.
The Club is totally run by volunteers where we have a Committee, Coaches and Team Managers who devote their time into making the players time at the Club as enjoyable as possible while at the same time becoming part of the development of both their child/ren and other's.
The season is structured as follows:
- Registration Day is around mid February each year. Refer to News and Events for specific dates for the current season
- Pre-season usually training commences late February/early March for U12 and older and mid March for U8, U10 and U11. Again, refer to News and Events for specific dates
- Jumper Presentation is made the Friday prior to our first game.
- Competition starts in April and generally runs for 14 to 16 rounds plus finals (3 weeks)
- Teams will train either Wednesday or Friday Nights @ Righetti Oval or TH King
- Throughout the season we have a number of social events including ‘Player Encouragement Award nigths held on Sunday evenings. These are great social evenings for the adults and children alike. The coaches also make presentations to their teams.
- We have other special nights for the Kids - Pie Night, Presentation Night etc
- We have a major social evening, which helps raise funds for the Club.
- Weekly communication will primarily be through email, through our Facebook Page, through our club App or through this website. Additionally, each week your Team Manager will supply you with game details.
- Weekly Match Reports are compiled by the Coaching staff and posted on the Club App. Historical Newsletters and previous season Match Reports are available for download on the website under Archives
Most queries can be handled by either your child's Coach or Team Manager, however you can also contact the Year Level Co-ordinator for your year level or the Club President. See Contact Details for further information