CODE OF CONDUCT
Basketball is intended to be a recreational activity for enjoyment and health. This code
of conduct has been developed by Basketball Victoria to give participants some guide to
the expectations it has on those participants. It is intended to assist everyone to obtain
the maximum benefit and enjoyment from their involvement in basketball. As a result,
the quality of participation will be improved so people are more likely to start and
continue their involvement in basketball. Enjoy!!
- Understand and play by the rules.
- Respect referees and other officials.
- Control your temper.
- Work equally hard for yourself and for your team.
- Be a good sport.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated.
- Play for the “enjoyment of it” and not just to please parents and coaches.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person.
- Be prepared to lose sometimes.
- Listen to the advice of your coach and try to apply it at practice and in games.
- Always respect the use of facilities and equipment provided.