Team Manager Info
Team Manager Duty Statement
SOME INFORMATION TO ASSIST YOU IN YOUR ROLE:
The Age Coordinator will provide you with a contacts list of all your players (name, address/email, telephone number and singlet number). Please distribute these to your team members via email or at the first match or training session (only Sat MEBA Comp train) in hardcopy.
Game Record Sheet:(Sat MEBA Comp Only)
1. Please see for Game Record Sheet document below. This is used to record the weekly fees collected from team members to cover the weekly scoresheet cost $34. We suggest $7 each week per player; any excess at the end of the season can be used for team breakup or Thankyou present for the coach. Also record any fill in players (don’t usually charge them for the week).
Scoring at the Game:
1. Each team MUST provide 1 scorer at each game. Each player’s parents should be rostered on at least twice in the season to score. Please create a roster to involve all parents. A template can be found on the website to help get you started. It is also a good idea to encourage new scorers to sit with experienced ones to observe how it is done.
Inform all families and the coach about the game times & venue. The first 5 games are grading games, so information is posted approx. 3-4 days prior to the game, generally by Wednesday at 5pm. It is your responsibility to check the club website www.ashwoodbasketballclub.sportingpulse.netClick the tab “Fixtures/Results” Then select either Sat or Friday Competition, then click on your team and you will be linked to your grade and game information. From Round 6 onwards the fixture for the rest of the season is available. This can be added to your scoring roster and the revised roster/fixture can be circulated.
At the game:
1. Arrive at the stadium 15 minutes prior to the start of the game
2. Sat MEBA Competition only: When you are entering, say you are paying for the Ashwood Wolves scoresheet for your age group and grade (i.e. U14A girls) Pay $35. The referees will not start the game until the scoresheet has been paid for and score penalties can be applied depending on the length of the delay.
3. Sat MEBA Comp only: At the end of the previous game get the electronic scoring system ready for your game. The referees will help you if you need it.
◦ Tick the active players – those who will be playing
◦ Change their singlet numbers if necessary
◦ Enter personal information of any players not listed.
Qualifications for Finals:
All age groups except Under 8s play finals.
Qualification for playing in finals requires players to have played at least half the normal season (including grading games). Players who cannot play through injury/other MAY be granted exemptions by the Association if supported by medical certificates/certified documents. Team managers should be aware of this and obtain information to provide to the club delegate to submit to the MEBA. In the Winter 2015 season, players must play at least 9 games in order to qualify for finals.
Uniform Clashes – What’s the rule? What do I do? - Sat MEBA Competition only
Uniform Priority is important for all to know.
Ashwood Wolves has uniform clashes with the following clubs: -
Spirit Magic, Wattle Park Saints, Celtics, Vermont Vultures, Nunawading Devils.
If we are playing any of these teams and we are the FIRST LISTED team on the fixture, you are responsible for organising to borrow a set of alternate singlets. When this clash occurs, please contact your age group coordinator to borrow the alternative singlets.
Please update the players’ singlet numbers on the scoring system when using the alternative singlets. After the game please collect the singlets, WASH them and return them ASAP to the age group coordinator. If we are NOT first listed, it is the other team’s responsibility to wear alternative singlets.
Please contact Age Group Coordinator as soon as you can to collect the singlets. If you forget or are not able to collect the alternative singlets, you can hire the stadium tops for a small fee of about $10.
Please become familiar with these websites as they provide lot of useful information.
Thank you for volunteering for the role of Team Manager. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Simply contact your Age Coordinator or the appropriate Committee Member. All contact details are on the website www.ashwoodbasketballclub.sportingpulse.net
Download Games and Payment Record Sheet - Sat MEBA Competition Only Click Below:
Download Team Manager Info Click below on appropriate Competition: