High Performance Staff & Resources
Andrew will be attending Tuggeranong game days as the NEAFL team Physiotherapist and is availbale for consultations at Performance Edge Physiotherapy practice in Homeworld, Tuggerenong. All Tuggeranong Hawks players will recive a 10% discount off their bill when they attend the clinic.
Andrew will also be holding an Injury Assessment Clinic on Monday evenings from 6pm. This clinic will allow players to a have a quick assessment of any injuries that they may have picked up on weekend matches, and guide them as to whether they need further treatment or need to modify their current training. There will be no treatment for injuries during the Monday night Injury Assessment Clinic.
The Injury Assessment Clinic is a free service for Hawks players. Players need to call the clinic to book in for the Injury Assessment Clinic. If a player has a serious injury and knows they need treatment they should book directly in for an appointment with Andrew. To book in for the Injury Asseessment Clinic or an appointment call (02) 6293 4355
Erica graduated from Griffith University with a Master of Nutrition and Dietetics, after completing a Bachelor of Applied Science (Food Science and Nutrition) at the University of Queensland. During her Masters, Erica completed a thesis project on adolescent athletes and sport supplement use. Erica then presented this research in poster format at the European College of Sports Science Conference in Liverpool, UK.
After completing the Sports Nutrition Course at the Australian Institute of Sport, Erica now runs a Sports Dietitian consultancy business called Sportrition. She works with individual athletes and teams from a wide variety of sports including AFL, Rugby Union, Cycling and Triathlon.
Erica is also employed as a Clinical Dietitian in the Yass community, where she provides services to clients with chronic diseases such as diabetes, overweight/obesity, cancer and heart disease.
Erica is a very keen sportsperson, having represented Australia in the sport of taekwondo at numerous world class events. Erica has also played soccer and baseball at a state level, and has taken part in softball, rowing, swimming and surfing over the years.
Erica understands the demands of sport on an athletes body. Through Sportrition, Erica is dedicated to improving the performance and recovery of athletes through the optimal intake and timing of nutrition.
Tuggeranong Hawks players receive individual consults at reduced rates. Consults can be claimed through Private Health Insurance.
Erica can be contacted via phone or email:
Telephone: 1300 667 244
Find Sportrition on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sportrition/169186076469140
- ASADA Check Your Substances: https://checksubstances.asada.gov.au
- Please forward this onto ALL of your players so they can get in the habit of using this resource.
- WADA The List Website: http://list.wada-ama.org/
- If you need to check specific substances in a drug or supplement please refer to this website for a full rundown of the 2013 Prohibited Substance list.
- Therapeutic Use Exemption Applications: www.asdmac.gov.au
- If you have players with medical issues that need to take a prohibited substance they will need to fill out a TUE application. Please contact the NEAFL for advice if you need to go throught this process.
- ASADA You Tube Channel: www.youtube.com/asadavideo
- If you have any players that failed to attend a session, please ensure they get online and watch the full list of videos on ASADA’s You Tube Channel, this addresses most of what we covered.