Shoosh For Kids
Start the season positively with Shoosh for Kids. Set the standards of acceptable behaviour now!
The Office of Sport is once again inviting you to participate in the Shoosh for Kids initiative, running from 14 to 20 May this winter season.
Our sport will be working with the Office of Sport and sporting organisations across the state to remind spectators that the focus of junior sport is on fun and having a go, not winning.
Let's work together to keep our kids playing sport.
The purpose of Shoosh for Kids is to:
- Promote positive behaviour at junior sport
- Address issues which arise from poor behaviour at junior sport, including: abuse to officials and players, reduced volunteer numbers and reduced participation rates (due to poor experiences/non-enjoyment/focus on winning).
Your club/association can become involved by signing up as a Shoosh for Kids supporter. Your level of commitment is up to you.
What do I need to do?
- Sign up to participate in Shoosh for Kids and order FREE hard copy resources (limited supply available – get in early so you don't miss out!)
- Announce your support of Shoosh for Kids to your members via social media, newsletters and ground announcements and let them know that positive sideline behavior is expected from all members and attendees at junior games
- Promote Shoosh for Kids and encourage members to support and recognise the importance and aim of the campaign.
Free resources are available for you to download now, including posters, flyers, social media posts and ground announcement scripts.