Position Vacant: State Operations Manager
Are you looking for a thrilling career in the sports industry?
Touch Football Australia (TFA) and the National Rugby League (NRL) are seeking suitably qualified applicants for the unique key leadership position of State Operations Manager – Tasmania, to be based in Hobart.
Touch Football Australia’s (TFA) mission is to lead Touch Football and develop the dynamic sport to the position of Australia’s leading community sport. Rugby League is the Greatest Game of All with a vision to be the most entertaining, most engaging and most respected sport.
With dual reporting lines to the TFA General Manager, Regional Operations and NRL Affiliated States Manager, the successful candidate will be employed by TFA, yet actively represent both organisations across Tasmania.
The successful candidate will capitalise on the first joint opportunity following the TFA and NRL strategic alliance. Crucial to this role will be the ability to manage and drive the delivery and expansion of TFA and NRL programs throughout Tasmania.
Key responsibilities range from implementing strategies, policies and procedures to efficiently manage competitions and events, building key stakeholder relationships, as well as budget management and reporting.
The ideal candidate for the role will have the following knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in sport management or related field are desirable
- Demonstrated success in sports program delivery and competition management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills supported by interpersonal skills of a high order
- Proven experience working with volunteers in a non-profit environment
- Demonstrated experience and skills to work within a specific budget, operational plans and strategic plans
- Experience in working in a diverse team to achieve planned outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to consistently display customer services principles, practices and attributes
- Sound understanding of the structures and needs of the NRL and TFA communities
- Demonstrated computer literacy and competence in particular excel and database tools
- Demonstrated initiative and self-management
For further information or to lodge your application (CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.If you have a Rugby League specific questions relating to this role, please email Graham McNaney at email@example.com.
Applications will close Friday 12th September 2014 at 5pm EST.