Weightlifting Fiji is one of the best ranked National Federations in Fiji and is serious about performing on the global stage. For a small nation, some of our athletes rank within the top 15 ranked lifters in their respective weight categories in the Commonwealth.
We are looking for a passionate High Performance / National Coach to join our dynamic team to improve our rankings and performances in the international arena.
- 1. Design, implement, supervise and monitor all facets of coaching for assigned athletes and teams
- 2. Provide leadership, coordination and monitoring for the delivery of optimal levels of performance support services to lifters including weightlifting best practice in sport sciences, medicine, strength & conditioning and technology
- 3. Run Talent Identification and Development Programs
- 4. Assist in the recruitment, training, development and retention of qualified and competent coaches
- 5. Arrange and organise local competitions, max sessions and assist in organising international competitions as required
- 6. Establish and maintain collaborative alliances with multiple stakeholders within sports and sports administration in Fiji.
- 7. Provide statistical reporting and record keeping of lifters including annual progressions
- 8. Adhere to all Weightlifting Fiji policies, procedures and Code of Ethics and Weightlifting’s Professional Standards and Guidelines
- 1. 10+ years of demonstrable results-oriented professional coaching experience as an international level weightlifting coach
- 2. Demonstrable high performance results and outcomes
- 3. Ability to work with developing young talents as well as substantially improving performances of elite athletes
- 4. Proven track record of creating positive, high-energy and productive team culture and environment
- 5. Demonstrated in-depth technical knowledge and application of weightlifting coaching principles including techniques, coaching trends, sports science, medicine and technology within a high-performance program
- 6. Confirmation of a clean record of doping tests for athletes coached
- 7. Well-developed people management and leadership skills
- 8. Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- 9. A self-starter with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- 10. Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft suite
How to Apply
Please submit your application including an up-to-date resume with relevant skills and experience, and a cover letter addressing how you meet the criteria and your interest in the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications close (20th May 2017). For full Job Description and further information, please contact Atma Maharaj.
Last Modified on 06/05/2017 15:44