RE-ADVERTISE JOB VACANCY - SPORT EDUCATION OFFICER
TASANOC is the representative of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in Tonga. It encourages and assists sports and sport development and physical recreation throughout all members of National Federations (NF’s), and to promote the shared value of integrity, fair play, competence, commitment to excellence, respect gender equality and tolerance, including the fight against the use in sport of drugs and unhealthy or performance enhancing substance.
TASANOC is an equal opportunity organization.
- 1. Training and Development - Organize training and professional development of OSEP trainers and sport volunteers and professionals, provide technical advice to national sport federations, develop and manage the sport accreditation system and quality assurance mechanisms.
- 2. Partnerships and Networking - Establish strategic partnerships with sport, health, education and national qualification agencies to coordinate sport training and development.
- 3. Project management – Develop, implement, administer projects and all administrative areas of sport education
- A tertiary qualification in Training & Assessment, Education, Sports or Business Management or similar
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to make written and oral presentations of a high standard
- Excellent computer, report writing and communication skills
- Experience working in Tongan or other pacific islands cultures
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to work independently using sound liaison, negotiation and organizational skills
- A keen interest in sport
- A self-motivated and dedicated individual
- Must be a Tongan citizen residing in Tonga
- Qualifications as a competency based trainer and assessor is desirable
The salary will be commensurate to the skills and experience that you bring to the team. Find attached the full job description and an aplication form or visit the OSEP WEBSITE www.oceaniasport.com/osep to download.
Applicants must submit a completed application form with the list of 3 referees with full contact and a detailed CV either by hardcopies or email and address to the Secretary General email@example.com clearly indicating “Sport Education Officer” no later by 5.00pm (local time) on Friday 28th November, 2014. For further information please contact TASANOC at 8624850 (Office) or Secretary General at 8717304 (Mobile).
One of the referees must be a recognized administrator within the Tonga or Oceania sport organizations.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.