The World Anti-Doping Code ("the Code") provides consequences as a result of a declaration of non-compliance to be implemented by the
- International Olympic Committee (Articles 20.1.2, 20.1.3, 20.1.4, 20.1.8)
- International Paralympic Committee (Articles 20.22.2, 20.2.3, 20.2.4)
- International Federations (Articles 20.3.2, 20.3.7, 20.3.9, 20.3.11)
- National Olympic Committees and National Paralympic Committees (Articles 20.4.2 and 20.4.9)
- Major Event Organizations (Articles 20.6.2 and 20.6.6) as well as other consequences (Article 23.6).
Other document such as the Olympic Charter, the International Paralympic Committee's Handbook and the UNESCO Convention also provide consequence as a result of a declaration of non-compliance with the World Anti-Doping Code.
For consequences to be set by WADA, the Compliance Review Committee recommends that amendments be incorporated into WADA's Statutes in order to implement Artile 23.6 of the Code (forfeiture of offices and positions within WADA) to exclude from the WADA Executive Committee and Foundation Board representatives of countries whose NADOs are non-compliant and of Signatories which are non-compliant.
The Compliance Review Committee also recommends an internal policy applying consequences of non-compliance to exclude the participation of any person from a non-compliant nation to WADA's Independent Observer Missions and/or Athlete Outreach Program. But not, apparently to exclude participation of representatives of non-compliant Signatories such as IFs. In addition, it suggests stopping direct or indirect funding to non-compliant Signatories as far as the development of specific activities or the participation to specific programs are concerned.
Indviduals from the 7 "red-listed" countries below would be captured first by these changes:
Issues related to the implementation of the World Anti-Doping Code in the Signatories' legal systems:
- Andorra- Commission d'Etat antidopage d'Andorre
- Israel- Anti-Doping Committee of Israel
- Mexico- Comite' Nacional Antidopaje de Mexico
- Spain- Agencia Espanola de Proteccion de la Salud en el Deporte (AEPSAD)
Issue related to the use of laboratories not accredited nor otherwise approved by WADA for sample analysis:
- Argentina- Secretaria de Deporte de la Republica Argentina
- Bolivia- National Olympic Committee of Bolivia acting as National Anti-Doping Organization
- Ukraine- National Anti-Doping Organization of Ukraine (Issues related to both the use of laboratories not accredited nor otherwise approved by WADA and the implementation of the World Anti-Doping Code in the legal system).
Automatic non-compliance on 18th March 2016 is recommended if these Signatories do not address outstanding issues by that date:
- Belgium- Joint Communities Commission
- Belgium- Ministerium der Deutschsprachigen Gemeinschaft Belgiens
- Brazil- Autoridad Brasileira de Controle de Dopagem (ABCD)
- France- Agence francaise de lutte contre le dopage (AFLD)
- Greece- Hellenic National Council for Combating Doping (ESKAN)
Last Modified on 09/12/2015 16:08