NDP REVIEW MEETING
In their review of the NDP for the past year, National Coaches submitted their reports of the National Teams and Micronesian Games. Everyone also gave their views on the overall program and how it had worked and the areas that need some adjustment.
While it was agreed that several areas had been achieved, it was also felt that some changes were necessary in order to help educate local players and coaches on how the program can help achieve our goals.
In discussions about the forthcoming year those attending submitted ideas on:
- the conduct of local leagues that can help players to develop
- the implementation of leagues for youth and juniors (male and female) within Koror State
- the re-structure of the National Squad Program to incorporate the recent adoption of 4 age groups into the Micronesian Basketball Tournaments
- courses for coaches, especially for teachers
- the need to improve the area of referees
The NDP for 2011-2012 will now be submitted in a draft form to the NPC for approval. The NPC is responsible to the PBF Executive for the design and conduct of the NDP