The Mitcham Junior Football Club, affiliated with the Eastern Football League (EFL), is seeking expressions of interests and applications from any persons interested in coaching the Under 15 Boys junior football team in in 2017
The Mitcham Junior Football Club is based at Walker Park in Mitcham in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Our club has experienced significant growth in recent years in both our boys and girls football programs and this vacancy is an exciting opportunity to become involved in a club that prides itself on providing an enjoyable and family-focussed environment.
The junior club itself is professionally run and well organised and all junior teams are provided with the appropriate training resources whilst playing and training on a ground at Walker Park that is the envy of the EFL competition. We have a close association with the Mitcham Senior Club and the U15 coach will have a significant role in developing young footballers for both U17’s and eventual transition into the senior program.
Applications addressing the selection criteria should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to the Secretary, Mitcham Junior Football Club. Applications close Wednesday 14th December.
Any queries can be directed to the President, Craig Giles, on 0408 536 539.
The successful candidates will be those who best meet the following selection criteria:
1. Possess a strong commitment to grow, develop and teach players, and get the most out of all players, regardless of skill level.
2. Demonstrated ability to engage with children in a positive, encouraging and supportive manner.
3. Committing to and promoting a strong club culture, in line with the club’s core values of enjoyment, respect, integrity, inclusiveness, commitment.
4. Capacity to provide a positive role model within the club and within the wider community.
5. Prior to the pre-season, establish contact with players from the 2016 season, encourage them to play again in 2017, and help support the club’s efforts to recruit new players to the club.
6. Demonstrate a knowledge of, and capacity to teach, sound technique for the fundamental skills of the game.
7. Ability to establish and implement a suitable preseason program, and regular season training drills.
8. Ability to develop a game plan and playing style appropriate for the age level and consistent with overall club practices. The coaching coordinator will be responsible for coordinating ensuring alignment of club practices and sharing of knowledge across all age levels.
9. Excellent communication, leadership and people management skills, to
a. Encourage and help recruit parent volunteers to fill positions as team managers, trainers, water carriers, goal umpires, field umpires, time keepers and other helpers as required from time to time.
b. Work effectively and cooperatively with other coaches, trainers, team managers, club committee members, sponsors, club members, players and parents.
c. Deliver feedback to players in an encouraging and supportive manner, and be receptive and responsive to feedback from parents and other club officials and members.
10. Available for a period of at least 6 months commencing in late January or early February (requirement varies with age level)
a. Available to lead training at least one night per week
b. Available to lead the team on match days throughout the season from mid-April to mid-August, depending on possible finals participation.
c. Available to attend community engagement events, school visits, and club meetings and functions.
11. Commit to adhering to and applying the rules, by-laws and codes of conduct of the AFL, EFL and the Mitcham Junior Football Club.
12. Possess, or commit to obtaining as soon as possible, a level one coaching accreditation.
13. Hold a current working with children’s check, or commit to applying for a check upon appointment.