Burdekin Basketball joins the Positive or It's Pointless Campaign
We believe that sport is an integral part of the Queensland way of life. If we want our kids to keep participating in physical activities, it is essential that their experience in junior sport is positive and fun.
Children, parents, spectators, officials, coaches and volunteers all have an important role to play in making sure junior sporting environments are safe, fun and inclusive.
ThePositive or it’s pointless campaign aims to reduce poor and unacceptable player, spectator and parent behaviour to make sport safe for all children.
The basic principles reinforced through Positive or it's pointless are:
- Sport for children is a vital part of their growing up
- Children like to win, but more importantly, they want to have fun
- Parents need to set the right example at the sports ground, not just at home
- Parents should be proud of their child's effort, irrespective of the result
- Sport is important to children's self esteem
Things that you can do:
- Clap and cheer and be supportive
- Offer positive comments only
- Applaud the efforts of players from both team, not just your own
- Applaud the efforts of match officials
- Respect umpires decisions and teach children to do the same
- Express your appreciation to volunteers, say please and thank you
- Focus on a child’s efforts and self esteem rather than whether they win or lose
- Help make sport a fun activity to be involved in
We have adopted a Positive Or It's Pointless Code Of Behaviour which must be adhered to at all times. This code applies to all players, parents, officials, spectators and administrators of PBC Basketball.
If you have any questions about Positive or it's pointless, please email email@example.com