L’assemblé général / Annual General Meeting 2018
2018-2019 Committee Nominations
The AFL Quebec Committee is searching for nominations for the 2018 season.
As you know, AFL Quebec runs on the power of volunteers, and this extends beyond the usual game-day roles. Ensuring the league runs smoothly every year requires some behind-the-scenes work from a few dedicated souls.
All positions on the AFL Quebec Committee are volunteer positions and require certain time commitments. It is expected that you will attend monthly committee meetings, be available to assist on gameday, and be able to assist with other tasks as necessary. Overall it will require 2-3 hours per week of your time outside of regular training and games. The reward is seeing a successful league unfold throughout the year and seeing your fellow footy players enjoy our sport.
The positions on the committee include President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and five Directors. If you are interested in making some significant contributions to the operations of AFL Quebec please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which position you would like to apply for and a brief description of what you can bring to the AFL Quebec Committee.
Examples of the tasks that Committee Members might be expected to complete throughout the year might be:
- Monthly meetings
- Gameday coordination (this is varied and includes a lot of sub-tasks)
- Recruiting and league development
- Responding to inquiries
- Tracking inventory and determining equipment requirements
- Coordinating Social Media
- Administration and logistics for tournaments and special events
- Organising and promoting social events throughout the year
- French/English translations
- Liaising with AFL Canada and Team Canada for national tournaments and representative games
- Conflict resolution
- Speaking to Sponsors/Potential Sponsors
- IT (website, social media, email)
- Participate and contribute to Committee Projects & Discussions
- Collect money from members
- Coordinating umpiring activities
- Coordinating coaching activities
- Being a point of contact for league members when necessary
All nominations will be reviewed and interviewed by the Nominations Committee for the 2018 season. The Nominations Committee will then present its recommendation for the 2018 Committee at the AGM and this recommendation will be voted on by the members present.
The deadline for nominations is 6pm on Friday January 12th. Please ensure that you have submitted your nomination by this time.