AFL Canada 2017 Annual General Meeting
ATTN: All Club Members
February 2, 2018
Re: Notice of Meeting - 2017 AFL Canada Annual General Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 2017 AFL Canada Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 8:00pm ET by teleconference as follows:
Join the call via internet browser: https://www.uberconference.com/s9777 (must use Chrome, Firefox, Safari 11 or higher)
Optional dial-in number (telephone): TO FOLLOW
PIN: TO FOLLOW
In order to be entitled to vote at the meeting, your club must be a member in good standing as at the record date for voting, which shall be March 3, 2018.
If a quorum (which is 11 Clubs) is not present by 8:15pm ET, the meeting shall be adjourned.
The agenda and initial supporting documents are attached.
Summary of Action Required
- March 3, 2018 - Ensure your club is paid up and in good standing. Notify the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org of who your Club’s voting delegate will be at the meeting (1 vote per club).
- February 17, 2017 - Provide any director nominations or other business to the Secretary at email@example.com.
The Board of Directors proposes to amend the by-laws dated December 12, 2016 for the following purposes:
- To increase the number of directors to five (5). Note the bylaw requirement to have between four (4) and nine (9) directors will remain unchanged.
- To amend the officers that are required to to appointed by the Board of Directors. Specifically, the Secretary role will be removed. There will then be two Director positions that will NOT have mandated officer appointments. However, it is proposed that the two positions be filled by individuals who will fulfil the roles of Player Representative (Men’s and Women’s).
- To correct some inadvertent typographical and grammatical errors.
A draft of the proposed by-law changes is attached.
The Board of Directors recommends you vote in support of these proposals.
Nominations for director positions (please see agenda for information on positions) may be directed to the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 17, 2018. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor.
Secretary, AFL Canada.
AFL Canada DRAFT by-laws (for adoption at the meeting)
AFL Canada 2016 AGM meeting minutes (for approval at the meeting)