Recruiting Northern Lights coaching staff
Open Call for Applications - Assistant Coaches
AFL Canada is reopening applications for up to three (3) assistant coaches to the women's national program. The appointee(s) will assist the Head Coach, Candace Kwan, in preparing the squad for the 2020 International Cup campaign. The tournament will be held in Australia during the month of August, 2020. Assistant Coaches will also attend the tournament and execute all training and game day coaching functions.
Please express your interest by filling out the following application form by October 10, 2018: https://goo.gl/forms/y50kKUZA1aBh1f3N2.
Duties will include, in part:
- participating in setting the goals and values of the program;
- collaborating to plan and prepare for tournaments and training camps to develop and assess athletes in advance of the International Cup;
- running and/or participating in athlete training sessions and fitness testing;
- meeting regularly with the coaching team and the team manager on planning and execution;
- assessing athlete performance and helping to select the final squad;
- supporting athlete skill and fitness development, and emotional wellbeing;
- assisting the head coach during the tournament at trainings and games, as well as team and coaching meetings.
The ideal candidate(s) will have:
- coaching experience, especially in coaching forwards, midfielders, or rucks;
- level 1 coaching accreditation or higher;
- playing experience (higher levels preferred).
The above qualifications are preferred, but aspiring coaches of all backgrounds and from various geographic locations are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from anyone with a passion for advancing Australian Football at an elite level in Canada to apply.
Contact email@example.com with any questions. Optional documentation such as a CV or covering letter may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified on 26/09/2018 21:16