WANT TO BECOME MORE CONFIDENT ABOUT UMPIRING?
Then attend Netball Wellington Centre's April Umpire Holiday Programme!
Umpire theory and practical workshop for female & males from Year 8 up to adult.
No prior umpire qualifications required - caters to beginners as well as those with some prior experience.
This fun and dynamic session forms a great introduction to the updated rules and practical application of them.
* Introduction to umpiring
* The rules explained
* Conduct of the game & how to handle over-enthusiastic spectators
* Dual control umpiring and hand signals
* Game and whistle protocol - how to blow your whistle!
* Minor/major infringement identification
* Body position, vision and timing along the sideline
* Confidence on court
* A chance to talk through specific umpiring situations and scenarios
* Discuss any worries/fears in a safe environment & ask questions
* Explanation of Umpire pathway, framework and where to next
* Revision of the NNZ Centre Test Papers
* Complete the Centre Test bank theory if interested
Where: Upstairs at the Hataitai Netball Pavilion & Courts, 43 Ruahine Street, Hataitai, Wellington
When: Monday 23rd April 2018
Time: 9am to 3pm
Cost: $20 (includes Introduction to Netball Umpiring rules book)
Also option available to purchase:
$6.50 Thunderer finger grip whistle - black plastic (recommended for beginners)
$8 INF Official Rules of Netball book
WHAT TO BRING:
- Hair tie/elastic band to keep direction of pass
- Hand Held Finger Whistle (can purchase for discount rate of $6.50 at the course)
- Appropriate sports gear to umpire and play netball in
- Lunch and drink bottle
Access our online registration form via the link below: https://bit.ly/2qAJOt8
Limited spaces available - our January Netball Umpire Holiday Programme quickly neared capacity earlier in the year so register promptly to avoid disappointment!
Waiting list will apply once spaces are full.
To enquire email email@example.com or phone (04) 387 6017.
Feel free to share the attached PDF flyer to those interested.
Last Modified on 16/04/2018 23:25