WANT TO BECOME MORE CONFIDENT ABOUT UMPIRING?
Then attend Netball Wellington Centre's January Umpire Holiday Programme!
Umpire theory and practical workshop for female & male students in Year 8 up to adult.
No prior umpire qualifications required - caters to beginners as well as those with some prior experience.
This fun and dynamic session forms a great introduction to the updated rules and practical application of them.
* Introduction to umpiring
* The rules explained
* Conduct of the game & how to handle over-enthusiastic spectators
* Dual control umpiring and hand signals
* Game and whistle protocol - how to blow your whistle!
* Minor/major infringement identification
* Body position, vision and timing along the sideline
* Confidence on court
* A chance to talk through specific umpiring situations and scenarios
* Discuss any worries/fears in a safe environment & ask questions
* Explanation of Umpire pathway, framework and where to next
* Revision of the NNZ Centre Test Papers
* Complete the Centre Test bank theory if interested
Where: ASB Sport Centre, 72 Kemp St, Kilbirnie
When: Tuesday 23rd January 2018
Time: 9am to 3pm
Cost: $20 (includes Introduction to Netball Umpiring rules book)
Also option available to purchase:
$10 Thunderer finger grip whistle - black plastic (recommended for beginners)
$8 INF Official Rules of Netball book
WHAT TO BRING:
- Hair tie to keep direction of pass
- Hand Held Finger Whistle (can purchase for $10.00 at the course)
- Appropriate sports gear to umpire and play netball in
- Lunch and drink bottle
Access our online registration form via the link below: http://bit.ly/2BetAte
Limited spaces available - our April Netball Umpire Holiday Programme quickly reached capacity in 2017 so register promptly to avoid disappointment!
Waiting list will apply once spaces are full.
To enquire email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (04) 387 6017.
Feel free to share the attached PDF flyer to those interested.
Last Modified on 21/12/2017 16:52