Expressions of Interest for Female Teams in 2016
The Village Tavern SA Women’s Football League (SAWFL) is calling for expressions of interest from clubs who are considering entering a female team/s into the 2016 competition.
The SAWFL is partnered with the Channel 9 Adelaide Football League (CH9AFL) and offers female football competitions for three separate age groups – Under 15 Girls, Under 18 Girls and Open Women. There are seven CH9AFL Member Clubs who are already enjoying the benefits of having female teams.
The benefits to your club of having female teams include the ability to:
- Attract more players
- Attract more members and supporters
- Attract more volunteers
- Attract families
- Increase diversification, which leads to better decision-making
- Increase sponsorship and fundraising appeal
- Be eligible to apply for a greater number of grants
- Create a more appealing social atmosphere
Some key information on each SAWFL competition can be found below.
- Under 15 Girls: 9-a-side, minimum playing age is 12 years on 1st January and maximum playing age is 14 years on 1st January.
- Under 18 Girls: 12-a-side, minimum playing age is 15 years on 1st January and maximum playing age is 17 years on 1st January.
- Open Women’s Divisions 1 and 2: 18-a-side, minimum playing age is 16 years on 1st January.
The above details are subject to change.
The SAWFL will call for team nominations in November.
For more information on these competitions, the team nomination/club affiliation process, annual affiliation fees and more, please download the Guide to Establishing a Female Football Team.
If you have any questions, or you would like to register your club’s interest for entering a female team into the 2016 competition, please contact:
Club Development Officer
(08) 8443 8999