Procedure for Forfeits & Game Changes
This season we have seen forfeits and movements of games in all competitions and divisions. Please ensure that your club is familiar with, and adheres to, the following procedures for forfeiting or moving the date/time/location of a game.
Procedure for Forfeiting
A club who has decided to forfeit a game must advise:
- The opposition team that your team wishes to forfeit and also advise how many players you do have available for the game (if there are adequate numbers still available, a scratch match could be organised). If you do not have the contact details for a representative of the opposition team, please contact email@example.com
- The SAWFL Umpires Coach/Coordinator: Angus Bugeja, on 0449 064 217 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The League so that the fixture/results can be updated. Contact Caitlin on email@example.com
Please Note: As per the SAWFL By-Laws, Rule 8.2.6 Forfeiture of Games: "Teams that do not give at least 24 hours notice for a game forfeiture, will be fined $110 (refer to SAWFL By-Laws Annex A), plus the payment of the Umpires Fees."
Procedure for Moving a Game
A club who wishes to move the date, time and/or location of a game must contact:
- The opposition team and agree upon a new date/time/location for this game. If you do not have the contact details for a representative of the opposition team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The SAWFL Umpires Coach/Coordinator, Angus Bugeja, to ensure that Umpires are available for this new game date/time/location. Contact Angus on 0449 064 217 or email@example.com
- The League with the new game date/time/location once it has been approved by the opposition team and SAWFL Umpires Coach/Coordinator. Contact Caitlin on firstname.lastname@example.org