Umpires Coaching and Training Session by Paul Cavanagh (Country Umpire Officer) at Minnipa Hotel for Panel Umpires, club umpires and other potential 'learner’ umpires
- The purpose of the umpires coaching/training session is to provide support and training for panel umpires, club umpires and potential umpires so that their umpiring skills and knowledge is developed and improved. The League strongly supports the training and development of umpires so that they have the confidence, skills and consistency to umpire games and handle some of the difficult situations they come up against.
- As per the AGM, clubs agreed to nominate and provide a minimum of two (or more) club umpires that would attend the umpires coaching/training session. These nominated club umpires were in addition to the Leagues panel umpires.
- The training/umpiring session will be held at the Minnipa Hotel, Thu 22nd March 2018.
- First session, 6-7pm for panel umpires, nominated club and/or interested umpires - The session will deal with abuse towards umpires, football rules and other general umpiring matters, so that all the League umpires have the training and knowledge to umpire consistently and confidently from the “same page”.
- Tea, 7-7:30pm, provided by Minnipa pub. MWFL League to cover meal costs.
- Second session, 7:30-8:30 for League officials, umpires and coaches etc – This session will discuss things like trying to lessen abuse towards umpires, recruiting new umpires and other general umpiring matters.
Matt Cook - President
Last Modified on 19/03/2018 11:45