Injury while playing touch - what to do

You should do the groundwork in case you want to claim insurance later on.
Whenever anyone is injured make sure that the club trainer attends the person
or the person consults the trainer, who will fill out an injury form
and keep on file for possible future use.
All players should have signed the team sheet before the game,
but if they didn't, make sure they sign it before they leave the grounds,
because a copy will be required by the insurance people.
Ensure that the player is officially "registered", with his address,
date of birth, name etc supplied in full on the player registration
form that each team submits to the club by week 4.
Within 30 days of the accident the injured player needs to contact
Sportscover and get a claim number.
Either email to or phone their hotline on 1300 134 956.
Insurance only covers "non medicare item" expenses (eg: physio, chiro, private hospital) after claiming private health cover,
and doesn't cover any time off work.


Comment Guidelines: The SportsTG Network is made up of players, families and passionate sports followers like you who have a strong opinion about sport. That's great - we want you to have your say and share your thoughts with the world. However, we have a few rules that you must follow to keep it fun for all. Please don't be rude, abusive, swear or vilify others. Apart from some pretty serious sport sanctions, we also can ban you and report you if things get out of hand. So play fair and have fun, and thanks for your contribution.

TouchWest News