Yesterday the Perth Basketball Association took another major step forward with the launch of a new brand. After 18 months of work behind the scenes that included an International design competition, input from ten designers, over 100 concepts and thousands of ideas, the Board released the clubs new brand in front of nearly 200 members from our domestic, WABL & SBL families.
The Board worked off a brief to develop a strong brand, that would take the club forward, whilst achieving the following:
Our Heritage is important to us
Our colour is Red and the shape and feel of pervious logos and brand cannot be disregarded. We are proud that we were one of the original clubs, formed in 1964.
We are PERTH Redbacks and we would love to see the new brand represent that.
We are the REDBACKS, as in a spider. Spiders are a bit dangerous and we want to walk onto the court every time …with a bit of a threat.
We would like to have the spider with a bit more of a threat, a bit more personality and we need to retain the web somewhere.
During the process, the Board was inspired by the facts of a Redbacks web:
- The web of Redback spiders at first glance appears to be a tangled mess with no real system or method. In reality it is a finely engineered trap, constructed purposefully to capture small crawling animals.
- The web has two distinct parts and is always connected to the ground.
- The sites in which Redback spiders construct their webs are usually well travelled paths used by animals (competitors).
- This method relies upon the incredible strength of the silk and not the power of the spider. It’s the strength of the web that kills its prey.
- This method of capture enables Redbacks to prey on animals far bigger than themselves and kills with the web.
We are excited to reveal our new brand, which includes:
- A font that is owned by Perth Basketball Association.
- A new spider
- New corporate logo
- Brand stamps and merchandise logos
Our new SBL uniforms have been designed to be simplistic and reflect the elements of the Redbacks and the web.
Our new WABL uniforms have been designed to be consistent with our SBL uniform to join our two programs together. For the first time our WABL players will wear red shorts that match our uniform.
A range of merchandise is now available to order, with an initial rollout of three T-Shirt designs currently in-stock. Email email@example.com for order details.
Over the coming days we will continue to show various elements of our brand on our social media platforms, with our new SBL uniforms being worn for the first time this weekend.
Last Modified on 16/04/2018 23:28