2018 Caloundra Club Competition Information
Club contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caloundra Basketball Club is a VOLUNTEER run, non for profit organisation. We have 350+ players (correct Mar 2018). Caloundra join Maroochydore and Noosa basketball clubs to make three (3) clubs within the Sunshine Coast Basketball Association (SCBA) - "PHOENIX".
President Wade Avery Vice President TBC Treasurer Gayle Jones Secretary Jane Woodward
Domestic boys and girls junior competitions are played on Monday nights. Players are aged 8 - 18 years old.
- Two (2) Seasons are played each year. Jan - June & July - Dec
- U12's, U14's, U16's, U18's
- 4 court indoor air conditioned stadium
- 4pm, 4:50pm, 5:40pm
- Fees are upfront for the season, and player registration/payments is completed online. Approx $250 for each season. Discount for early bird registration ($230 before round 1 starts).
- School nominated teams = $1300 per team. Players provide own uniforms, coach and train at own venue. (thats why discounted fees)
- Fees include 1hr Club run skills training sessions every Tuesday (Thurs term 4)
- U12 & U14's Training from 4pm-4:45pm.
- U16 & U18's Training from 4:45-5:45pm.
- Caloundra Basketball accept government "Get Started $150 vouchers".
- Use this link to see if you are eligible for this grant - CLICK HERE
- Players can join anytime - subject to team availability
- Players once paid/registered are placed into teams
- School teams are encouraged to nominate to participate
LITTLE LEGENDS: Beginners introduction program for girls/boys aged 5-8 years old. Tuesday afternoons
SUPER HOOPERS: This is for girls/boys aged 8-10 years old who have already completed a LITTLE LEGENDS or Aussie Hoops program. It introduces the game rules and skill set required for transition into the domestic U12 competition.
INTERCLUB: Sunshine Coast Basketball Association run Interclub competitions, called SCBL. It is a higher level game where players represent their club, and all three SCBA clubs play each other in a weekly or round robin competition. Noosa, Maroochydore and Caloundra play in their CLUB uniforms. Trials are held prior
BQJBC: Every year from Sept through to April, the state Junior REPRESENTATIVE competitions are held. This is a South Qld competition, playing home and away. Teams are from Brisbane, Northside, Logan, Caboolture, Gold Coast, Redland Bay, Toowoomba, Ipswich and Sunshine Coast. U12, U14, U16, U18 and U21 age groups. SCBA hold 2 trial sessions for team selection. Every player is eligible to trial. You will represent PHOENIX.
STATE CHAMPS: Following the junior BQJBC season, State Championships are held in each age group. U12, U14, U16 age groups are held in the April School holidays against both South & North Qld teams. Venues change each year. Previously Cairns, Rockhampton, Townsville, Gold Coast, Ipswich and Brisbane have been used. U18 and U21 are held in January here on the Sunshine Coast (air conditioned stadiums)
Caloundra basketball club domestic Senior competitions are played on Monday nights
- Men A grade
- Men B grade
- 6:30pm and 7:20pm
- 4x12 min quarters, 24 sec shot clock & scorers.
- Women - TBC
INTERCLUB: SCBA run an annual Interclub Super A League competition after the SBL and QBL season. This is very competitive with all three (3) clubs nominating two (2) teams each to compete for the honor of BEST Team/Club. This is open to all senior players to trial for. Held usually from Oct to Feb.
SBL: This is a senior REPRESENTATIVE competition, where players represent their CLUB and enter to play South Qld teams. Noosa and Maroochydore currently enter teams in both Men and Women competitions. Caloundra are looking at entering a team in 2019.
QBL: This is the elite STATE competition for WOMEN and MEN. PHOENIX are represented with both local and import players. Competition runs from April to August. Home and Away games - Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Mackay, Brisbane, University, Logan, Brisbane, Toowoomba, Gold Coast etc.