SBL MEN AND WOMENS COACHING APPLICATIONS
SBL HEAD COACH MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TEAM
Gold Coast Basketball is seeking applications from interested and experienced persons for the SBL MENS AND WOMENS HEAD COACH position with Gold Coast Basketball. Applicants as a minimum, should hold a Level 1 coaching accreditation or equivalent experience at elite level basketball and be willing to take ownership and responsibility for the development of players within the Gold Coast Rollers Senior Program.
The successful application will be responsible for:
• The planning, development and performance of the SBL Rollers program in conjunction with the QBL Head coach;
• Select players in accordance with team structure guidelines established by the Gold Coast Basketball Operations;
• Assist the Development Officer and the Gold Coast Basketball Administrator with administrative details and arrangements for team activities, trips and promotions;
• Working alongside the QBL Head Coach, other Senior Coaches, Junior Representative Coaches and the Development Officer to help set an overall direction and pathway for Rollers program and support the development program for Gold Coast Junior players and coaches.
• Be available to attend all trials, squad/team trainings, practice games
• Have previous Head Coaching experience, ideally at the senior level
• Have a proven record of successfully leading a high performance program
• Have a strong ability to plan and implement training & competition programs
• Have a demonstrated record in individual player development
• Have effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact positively with the Gold Coast program, staff, QBL officials, athletes and supporters
• Be a positive role model on & off the basketball court
• Have a strong understanding of the high performance environment
• Have demonstrated personal resilience and strong work ethic
• Have a willingness and loyalty in supporting Junior High Performance Programs
• Have a strong desire to learn and develop their coaching capabilities further and effectively mentor their assistant coaches
• Have a current Level 1 NCAS Accreditation.
• Coaches must have a current ‘Working with Children’ Registration Card
The SBL Head Coach will report directly to the Gold Coast General Manager. For further information about this position please contact the General Manager, Joel McInnes, direct on the below email address or confidentially on telephone (0452522255). Applications and resumes from interested persons should be addressed to the following email address. firstname.lastname@example.org including a Cover letter and Curriculum vitae.