2017/18 VJBL Coaching Applications NOW OPEN!
Werribee Basketball is pleased to call for applications for all Junior Representative Werribee Devils Teams for the 2017/18 VJBL season. The VJBL has been a key pathway for many of Australia's best players & coaches!
Werribee Basketball aims to support & develop all of our coaches. There are many benefits of coaching VJBL at Werribee, including:
*Getting to work with the full-time Player & Coach Development Manager to help make Werribee Basketball a leading association for player & coach development.
*Being supported & assisted by the Representative Coaching Leads.
*Working collaboratively & collectively with a host of experienced coaches including coaches with elite level experience in State Programs, National Programs, Senior & Professional Leagues.
*Coaching in a state of the art, 12 court facility - Eagle Stadium.
*Being provided with outstanding Coach Education & Development opportunities for FREE. For example, this year WBA has already hosted Free Coaching Clinics with Opals Assistant Coach, Paul Goriss & European Pro Coach, Liam Flynn.
*Having your coach accreditation fees reimbursed upon the successful completion of Club Coach (Level One) Accreditation Course.
*Coaching in a supportive environment, focused on every individual improving!
Please see below a position description for the VJBL coaching roles.
Coaching is one of the most rewarding things an individual can! Come & join one of Victorian Basketball's fastest growing & developing basketball associations.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY, AUGUST 18th 2017
VJBL Coach Selection Process
1. Coaching applications called for via WBA website & social media.
2. Applications close August 18th, 2017.
3. Selection panel meet. Interviews may be held at the discretion of the selection panel.
4. Coaches appointed to an age group/ gender prior to 2017/18 VJBL Representative Trials.
5. Coaches appointed to specific teams at the conclusion of the 2017/18 VJBL Representative Trials.
Werribee Basketball VJBL Coach Selection Panel
- Reece Potter - Player & Coach Development Manager
- Dion Jewell - Boys Representative Coaching Lead
- Brett Oswald - Girls Representative Coaching Lead
- Andrew Summerville - WBA Business Manager
- Grant Wardrop - WBA Representative Committee Chairperson (RepComm Consultant)
Please note: to be accepted, applications must be completed fully & correctly.
Any questions can be directed to the Player & Coach Development Manager.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR phone: (03) 9742 5440