On the 7 June, FSC CEO - Ann Marie Balliana will leave the luxury of her office and home to experience life of those homeless.
The challenge which is part of an awareness campaign to help the community gain a greater understanding of the challenges those less fortunate face in our society. The campaign run by Wollongong Homeless Hub has asked Community Leaders to spend 24 hours walking in the shoes of a person that is homeless.
Some of the challenges include:
- Sleeping outside for a night
- Having a mobile phone that has no credit and can only receive calls
- Limited cash for the day
- Attending the Homeless Hub for food and support
- Applying for 2 jobs as well as view and submit applications for 2 rental properties within an affordablity band, and
- Simulated family court issues
To help further raise awareness, a charity round will take place with collection points at all local grounds on the weekend of 16-17 June.
Please support this worthy cause and those less fortunate than us.
Last Modified on 05/06/2018 12:23