League Champions Bulli continued their brilliant season by progressing to the Grand Final with a 3-0 win over Dapto Dandaloo at Balls Paddock on Sunday.

Dean Heffernan finished a fine move from Bulli to seal the match midway through the second half after they went up 2-0 with goals from Cameron Littler and Matt Naylor earlier in the game.

The Northern Suburbs club benefitted from strong finishing on the day with both sides struggling to create chances.

“It was an arm wrestle,” said Bulli boss Ben Smith.

“Not the best game of football you’ll see but that happens sometimes in finals football.

“Both sides were willing but the execution just wasn’t there.

“We were a bit slow out of the blocks but in the second half we got better and as the game wore on we asked a few more question of them.

“It’s very pleasing that the boys took their opportunities because we haven’t always done that and it was important today because even though we didn’t play well we still managed to beat a really good team in the Fury.”

A slow affair to begin with saw the only early chance coming from a long range effort off the boot of the Fury’s Brad Welch.

The breakthrough came in the 31st minute when Bulli were able to capitalise on a poor clearance that lead to Littler stroking the ball into the bottom corner from just outside the area.

The midfield battle resumed after the goal and took the two sides into half time with Bulli holding a narrow lead.

Dean Heffernan nearly made it two shortly after the restart with a fine individual effort as he skipped past two Dapto Dandaloo defenders before pulling his shot just wide of the goal.

Ten minutes later the Northern Suburbs club were awarded a penalty for a handball inside the box and Matt Naylor stepped up to bury it from the spot as he does so often.

The game was put to bed in the 67th minute when Naylor whipped in a cross to the back post where Heffernan was waiting to bury the ball first time into the roof of the net for 3-0.

“I’m happy with the way the boys fought hard,” said Dapto Dandaloo player-coach Noel Spencer.

“We said before the game it’s the little one-percenters that can cost you in the finals and that was the case in the first half.

“We re-grouped at half time and tried to focus on getting the simple things right but unfortunately the penalty made it hard from there on.

“We’ll have a look during the week and see who’s fit and who isn’t and do our best to meet these guys again in the final.”

The Fury will now face a resurgent Port Kembla side in the Preliminary Final this weekend and will need to be more clinical if they want one last shot at Bulli in 2014.




Dapto Dandaloo Fury




C. Littler (31’);

M. Naylor (62’);

D. Heffernan (67’).






B. Fordham (y)



Referee: Bobby Mazevski


Julian Keith 

FSC Reporter


Comment Guidelines: The SportsTG Network is made up of players, families and passionate sports followers like you who have a strong opinion about sport. That's great - we want you to have your say and share your thoughts with the world. However, we have a few rules that you must follow to keep it fun for all. Please don't be rude, abusive, swear or vilify others. Apart from some pretty serious sport sanctions, we also can ban you and report you if things get out of hand. So play fair and have fun, and thanks for your contribution.



Notice Board

Wet Weather Cancellations

Go the Wet Weather Menu on the FSC website.

Match Centre will be also updated.

IMB Moment of The Week

IMB Bank 2019 Junior Moment of the Week



Click on the link for more details:  Moment of the Week

Sydney FC Junior Blues