Come get your Southern Districts Sportswear at our new VIVA
online store and join the DARKSIDE
Southern Districts Basketball Association
Southern Districts Basketball Association is looking for an experienced professional to work in a lively, dynamic basketball association managing the junior and senior basketball competitions.
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced administrator in a lively, dynamic basketball association. We are looking for someone with preferably at least 1 years experience to manage our thriving domestic and Basketball Queensland accredited competitions. The role will suit someone who is well organised, is a great communicator, shows initiative, prides themselves on excellent customer service and has the ability to work in an effective team environment.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Featuring SDBA domestic competitions seasonal and finals games for both senior and junior competitions
- Structuring court plans along with required administration
- Oversee referee structure and development
- Communicate with domestic clubs and senior teams regarding registrations, payments, unplayed games
- To liaise and meet with SDBA clubs and schools to effectively meet their requirements and needs
- SportsTG and Stadium Scoring administration
- Organise QBL and SBL teams for both the women and the men
- Liaise with Basketball Queensland on all BQ competition matters (junior and senior)
- To coordinate the administration of junior, senior, BQJBC and Spartans representative teams
- Any other duties as determined by the General Manager
You will also be required to promote SDBA camps and various programs, assist with general customer service and other SDBA events.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent administrative skills
- Well organised
- Capacity to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently and as part of a motivated and professional team
- High standard of computer and written skills
- Basketball and sports administration knowledge
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- Relevant tertiary qualification (preferred but not essential)
- Vehicle drivers licence
- Neat and tidy presentation
- Ability to address the above job description
Remuneration will be commensurate to the experience and ability of the successful applicant.