Southern Districts Basketball Association
Southern Districts Basketball Association is looking for an experienced professional to work in a lively, dynamic basketball association managing the junior and senior basketball competitions.
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced administrator in a lively, dynamic basketball association. We are looking for someone with preferably at least 1 years experience to manage our thriving domestic and Basketball Queensland accredited competitions. The role will suit someone who is well organised, is a great communicator, shows initiative, prides themselves on excellent customer service and has the ability to work in an effective team environment.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Featuring SDBA domestic competitions seasonal and finals games for both senior and junior competitions
- Structuring court plans along with required administration
- Oversee referee structure and development
- Communicate with domestic clubs and senior teams regarding registrations, payments, unplayed games
- To liaise and meet with SDBA clubs and schools to effectively meet their requirements and needs
- SportsTG and Stadium Scoring administration
- Organise QBL and SBL teams for both the women and the men
- Liaise with Basketball Queensland on all BQ competition matters (junior and senior)
- To coordinate the administration of junior, senior, BQJBC and Spartans representative teams
- Any other duties as determined by the General Manager
You will also be required to promote SDBA camps and various programs, assist with general customer service and other SDBA events.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent administrative skills
- Well organised
- Capacity to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently and as part of a motivated and professional team
- High standard of computer and written skills
- Basketball and sports administration knowledge
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- Relevant tertiary qualification (preferred but not essential)
- Vehicle drivers licence
- Neat and tidy presentation
- Ability to address the above job description
Remuneration will be commensurate to the experience and ability of the successful applicant.