SENIOR MIXED COMPETITION RULES
- Size 7 basketballs are to be used.
- At the start of the game a team must be represented by at least two (2) female and two (2) male players on the court. The fifth (5th) player can be either male or female.
- Four (4) players may start the game -two (2) females and two (2) males.
- No more than three (3) of either sex may be on the court any one time.
- If prior to the commencement of the game, a team cannot field the required players, normal late start penalties are to be applied. If after ten (10) minutes has elapsed a team is still unable to fulfil this requirement then normal walkover penalties are to be applied.
- Male players (first half) and female players (second half) shall alternate halves to allow access in the restricted (key) area at either end of the court. Penalty – Violation side ball to the opposing team.
- Any intentional defensive key violation by players is to be treated as goal tending; ie. Automatic 2 (two) points to the opposing team.
- After the first warning by the referee further intentional infringements of the above rule will be penalised by a technical foul (for unsportsmanlike conduct) on the offending player.
- 10 point rule – no player is allowed to score more than 10 points.
- When all players left in the game and registered on the scoresheet have scored 10 points, then all players are allowed to score a further 4 points, and a team score may advance in increments of 4 points per player until time.
- Prior to all eligible players scoring 10 points the following will apply –
11.1 If a player on 9 points scores a field goal, only 1 point is allowed.
11.2 If a player on 10 points is fouled and his/her team is in the bonus situation, then the player may nominate another player in their team who is eligible to shoot, the free or bonus shots and all points will count. (The nominated player must not have points which will then place them over 10 points if the free/bonus shots are successful, unless they are the last eligible player in the team to reach 10 points, in which case all points will count).
11.3 If a player on 9 points or less is fouled in the act of shooting, all points will count if shot is successful and they shall take any bonus shots and if successful the points will count (even if this takes the player over 10 points.) They are not permitted any more points until all other eligible players left in game have reached 10 points.
11.4 If a player on 10 points (or more due to 11.3) shoots and the basket is good, then VIOLATION, NO SCORE and side ball to the opposition as a result.
11.5 If a player on 10 points (or more due to 11.3) is fouled whilst shooting, and is not eligible to shoot, then a side ball will result to their team (even if in bonus situation).
12. The above rules also apply to players who are on 3 or 4 points when their team is in the increment situation.
AS AT OCTOBER 2013
Last Modified on 17/10/2013 13:31