QUALIFYING FOR FINALS IN SUMMER
It seems like the summer season has only just started but for some teams they will already need to be thinking about finals and which players are eligible to play.
In the shorter summer season there is only one finals round being the Grand Final – 1st v 2nd.
There are a few things to remember when working out which players have qualified to play finals and here are the most important -
1. Players need to have played 40% of the minor round games in that team or other teams in a lower division (eg 12 games x 40% = 4.8).
2. The number of games needed is always rounded up to the next whole number (eg 4.8 games is rounded up to 5).
3. Games played in a higher division DO NOT count toward qualification in a lower division.
Some of the less common rules are that –
4. Byes are NOT counted in the calculation so if there is a bye during the season it is 40% of the lower number of games.
5. Forfeits DO count toward the total number of games a team has played.
Remember, if you are not sure or have any questions send them to email@example.com and we will get back to as soon as we can.
Junior Operations Group