Expression Of Interest For Team Coach/Coordinator - Sydney 5th-9th December 2018
Koala Mini Challenge & Friendship Cup Competition
Position: Team Coach/Coordinator
The duties of the Fencing Victoria Team Coach/Coordinator will include:
- Providing assistance to the Team Manager when requested.
- Monitoring individual athlete and team activity, and address issues as they arise.
- Liaising with any other coaches present to ensure each athlete is supported.
- Ensuring that all athletes have an appropriate preparation prior to the competition beginning, through consultation with athletes and their personal coach. Introduce themselves to the fencers prior to the day’s competition.
- Coordinating Victorian coaches to ensure that all athletes have a coach available.
- Reporting misconduct of coaches and athletes to the Team Manager
- Attending any meetings called by the AFF, FV or competition organising committee.
- Providing advice, if requested, regarding composition of teams according to Fencing Victoria rules.
- Ensuring compliance with general rules of conduct during the competition.
- Presenting yourself and the team in a professional and positive image at all times and maintain Fencing Victoria’s Code of Conduct for Coaches,
- Being present at the venue during all events, and at least 45 minutes prior to the start of events on each day.
- Undertaking any other tasks as subsequently agreed between the Fencing Victoria Executive and the Team Manager.
- The Head Coach will provide the Team Manager with a short report by 21st December 2018 on the performance of the athletes and teams and any issues that may have arisen during the competition.
*The position of Team Coach reports to the Team Manager.
The attributes & requirements of the Fencing Victoria Team Coach include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Affiliated as a coach with Fencing Victoria
- Extensive coaching experience
- Ability to liaise with coaches, fencers and parents
- A full and current drivers licence
- Working with Children Check
- Minimum of Level 1 in Foil, Epee and Sabre (Preferably Level 2 in all weapons) for the Head Coach
A per diem of $140 will be paid (to the Head Coach) for each of the 5 days of the competition.
Fencing Victoria will arrange flights and reimburse accommodation by arrangement.
The position of Head Team Coach may be undertaken on a job-share arrangement, as long as Fencing Victoria is satisfied that any responsibility handover issues will be appropriately handled.
Please forward your expression of interest/application demonstrating your ability to carry out the duties listed above and relevant qualifications and skills by email to email@example.com by 9th November 2018.