Level 1 Coaching Course Now Commences 22nd February
Dates and Times
The course will be run on 22nd February, 29th March, 10th May 26th June and one more date still to be advised. The Assessment day will be the 19th July. Course starts at 10.00am, finishes at 4.00pm, with an hour for lunch. Attendance at all sessions is highly recommended for those wishing to complete their coaching qualification.
Cost and Enrolment
This coaching course is subsidised (Course fee normally $320) by Fencing Victoria, with funds from Sport and Recreation. The course fee is $110 (inc GST). hand outs, use of facilities during the course and a qualified presenter. Enrolment in the course and payment needs to be via the Fencing Victoria website by 19th February. You will be notified by the 20th February if the course does not have sufficient numbers to go ahead.
Who might be interested?
This course is for:
- Fencers who wish to teach/coach in your club or school can obtain their Level 1 Coaching qualification. You will learn how to teach/coach individuals and groups basic to intermediate skills in fencing.
- Fencers (with 2 or more years of experience) who wish to consolidate fencing skills and expand your knowledge of fencing.
- Coaches wishing to update their skills and gain valuable practise and feedback.
Course Requirements and Prerequisites
The course requirements are as follows:
- You will need to complete a Level 1 Coaching Principles course. You can do this over the internet at www.ausport.gov.au/participating/coaches/education/onlinecoach . The Level 1 Coaching Principles course is a requirement for accreditation via the National Coach Accreditation Scheme (there is no cost for this course).
- Participants must be affiliated members of Fencing Victoria.
- Participants will need to have fenced for a minimum of two years
To obtain a Level 1 Accreditation Certificate in the weapon of your choice you will need to complete supervised hours and be assessed as competent in all coaching skills. Full details can be found at this link here.
If you require further information, please contact Pieter Leeuwenburgh, State Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified on 10/02/2015 23:00