Individual Grants & Scholarships
- SPORT ACCESS FOUNDATION $2,000 grant plus other inclusions
Sport Access Foundation aims to facilitate and encourage children and teenagers living with a disability to participate in sport so they have the opportunity to excel and achieve their goals.
Grants will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sport Access Foundation to applicants who meet the selection criteria and best demonstrate the desire to succeed in their chosen pursuit and where the financial and moral support from Sport Access Foundation would further their education or personal development.
- 7-17 years old and living with a physical or intellectual disability
- Australian citizen/Permanent resident
- Be participating as an athlete, coach, umpire or referee (must be endorsed by NSO, ASC, School Sport Australia)
- Participant will need to supply Medical Certificate when short listed verifying physical or intellectual impairment
Applications for the 2018 Grants will open at the end of March 2018
- YOUTH OFF THE STREETS - $6,000 Scholarship
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for young people who are facing challenges of homelessness, drug and alcohol dependency, exclusion from school, neglect and abuse.
We provide a range of services to support these young people as they work to turn their lives around. It is our belief that education is the key to breaking the cycle of disadvantage and poverty that traps so many of the young people we work with.
National Scholarship Program
The National Scholarship Program celebrates the talents and strengths of young people in Australia who exhibit extraordinary promise but lack the personal support networks and resources that will allow them to fulfil their potential.
Every year over 20 young people throughout Australia are awarded scholarships valued at $6,000 to pursue further education or training so they may realise their potential for a positive future. In addition each recipient and their guest will be brought to Sydney to attend a special award ceremony in October 2018 to be formally acknowledged of their achievement.
Who can be nominated?
Nominations are invited from young people aged 16 to 21 inclusive with genuine talent, ability and determination in any education or training course, including (but not limited to): academic skills; visual or performing arts; sport; trade skills; and music.
Nominations must be made by the young person themselves; however assistance in completing the nomination is encouraged and is your opportunity to help a young person follow their dreams.
Nominations close on Friday, 6 April 2018 at 4pm.
Please click the link for further information and how to apply: www.youthoffthestreets.com.au/programs/scholarship
- MACQUARIE SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Scholarship benefits and details:
- Training and study grant ($1,500)
- Twenty days paid work experience with Macquarie Group
- The potential for paid casual engagement on Macquarie Sports projects, as they arise
- Networking opportunities within Macquarie, as well as other corporates, sporting and non-profit organisations
Applications are sought from ambitious, focused and well organised candidates who are committed to both their sporting careers and their professional goals. Candidates must:
- Be a permanent resident of NSW
- Be a current Australian and/or New South Wales representative in the past three years at junior or open level
- Be willing to pursue a professional career beyond their sporting commitments (eg study at TAFE, university or college)
- Demonstrate sound academic performance at secondary and/or tertiary level, and;
- Not currently have full time employment
Applications close at 5pm Friday 30 March, 2018.
The scholarship period commences on Monday 7 May and concludes on Monday 31 December, 2018.
- AUSTRALIAN SPORTS FOUNDATION – Athlete Fundraising Program
Funds that are raised can go towards anything that will help you develop, perform or compete, such as travel and accommodation expenses, training and coaching, sporting equipment and medical costs.
Benefits of the program include:
- Your very own fundraising page and URL
- Tax deductibility for your donors (we are the only fundraising platform in Australia that can offer this)
- Fundraising toolkits and tips for athletes, along with support from our expert team, to help you fundraise effectively
- Monthly grants of donations
- An online portal to track your fundraising progress and success.